Indian Trail

Indian Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tannersville, Pennsylvania that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Indian Trail offers a great vista from the eastern cliffs, visible from I-80 and points in Tannersville and Scotrun. Visitors may also connect to South Trail midway across the south face section from Parking Lot 3 using the Vista Trail for a shorter loop. [source: Big Pocono State Park web site at Pennsylvania DCNR]

Hiked it today with my 9 and 11 year olds. Easy short hike with a pretty view midway. We enjoyed the rocky trail.

A bit underwhelming if you're expecting a nice, quick challenge. My advice would be to travel an extra 8ish miles to nearby Mount Tammany for more of an incline and in my opinion, better views. If you do insist on hiking this trail, rest assured it is well-marked; also, we found the quickest way to get there was by following "Rim Road, Stroudsburg" in the GPS.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Amazing views. Not difficult, my 8 yr old completed without any issues. Trail was rocky for the most part. Was a little nervous seeing the warning for the healthy amount of rattle snakes but luckily we didn't see any. Plan to go back to do the other tails when the leaves are changing.

Saturday, September 17, 2016