Horseshoe Trail, Explorer Lodge, Spring Trail, and Hammer Creek Road Loop

Horseshoe Trail, Explorer Lodge, Spring Trail, and Hammer Creek Road Loop is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lititz, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 524 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great trail to run with my dogs. Other trails criss cross so you can explore other ones in the entire area. Sometimes it’s a little muddy the after the first 1/2 mile or so at spots but there has been work to improve this. After you get past the next 1/3 mile is all good. That’s when it gets good...!!!

Some sections not marked well, but found a decent loop

beautiful area! not well marked. Take this map with you

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Beautiful trail! I followed the blue trail up the rocks and then it stopped at Camp Mack territory. Will have to go back and just follow the yellow trail.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Great scenic trail, only qualm is spotty marking. tried to follow blue blazes but they abruptly stop and start like 3 different times. Fortunately there were 2 bikers on the trail with experience who told me how to get back to Horseshoe trail and how to detour to Eagle Rock. Make sure you find Eagle Rock. It's off Horseshoe trail, marked on the AllTrails map, but there's little signage for it on the trail.

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Good walking trail, although I assume there would be more bike activity in the summer so might be harder for walkers. Trail goes through Camp Mack, which was a boy scout camp - hard to tell if it's still in use.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Awesome trail, suggest doing the blue trail great climbing thru the rocks. Highly recommend!

Friday, July 21, 2017

I love this area. I've explored several trails in this area and the creek in multiple directions. This area is great for hiking and biking and there is plenty of parking.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

We treated this as a choose your own adventure kind of day. Started at the horseshoe trail entrance then veered left and went up the big rocks following the blue blazes. Eventually we got near camp Mack territory and just hopped around on different trails slowly making our way back towards where we started. We did hit a steep incline through some tall grass around the halfway point and picked up some ticks. All in all, nice day and nice hike!

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Had a scout camp and I wasn't sure if I could walk around it.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

love these trails

Monday, July 04, 2016

Not well marked. We took a small trail off the main one. It crosses some pretty streams and we were well into a quite forest. Came to a T in the trail with no blaze. Went left and found our way out!

Sunday, August 12, 2018