Heritage Trail

Heritage Trail is a 17.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Murdocksville, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Wanted to run an out and back 18 miler on this and had to turn around 8 miles in due to the insane overgrowth. It slowed me down to a crawl and I deemed it not worth it. I was planning on using this gauge for a potentially backpacking trip but based on the blandness of it and the overgrowth, I'll give it a hard pass. Now I know!

Wanted to run an out and back 18 miler on this and had to turn around 8 miles in due to the insane overgrowth. It slowed me down to a crawl and I deemed it not worth it. I was planning on using this to gauge a potential backpacking trip but based on the blandness of it (except for the tall pines for a small part around mile 2) and the overgrowth, I'll give it a hard pass. Now I know!

I use this trail for trail running. Once you get to around 6 miles, it starts to get a little thick. Around 9 Miles it's so thick you're basically crawling... it's a good trail otherwise though. Definitely recommend checking out the mineral springs loop around mile 4.