Hemlock Trail

Hemlock Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rockwood, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

This is my favorite trail in Laurel Hill SP and is great in any season. The combination of creek and hemlock is peaceful and pretty. Lots of places to pause and enjoy the surroundings.

Hemlock is a lovely trail and it is fairly easy as mentioned by other reviewers. For a longer hike I suggest taking Hemlock and connecting to the Bobcat Trail (easily shown on the map). Two totally different but beautiful trails. Enjoy.

It was an amazing trail! So pretty with the trail following the creek the whole way! Will definitely hike this again soon!!

Nice short hike to beautiful area

I have hiked this trail in every season, and I try to hike it at least once every year. There is a small stand of old growth Eastern Hemlocks at the north end of the trail, one of which is the largest hemlock I've seen outside the Pacific Northwest. The view of Laurel Hill Creek from the other end of the trail is also very nice.

A minor complaint is that I wish the trail was longer. It's such a nice hike that I don't want it to end!