Haycock Mountain via Top Rock Trail

Haycock Mountain via Top Rock Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kintnersville, Pennsylvania that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

I love this trail, and it is quite strenuous trying to climb the boulders at the top of the mountain, but finding your way to the top can be quite difficult as there are not very well seen trail markers. I have hiked this trail 20+ times, as it's close to where I live, however, I still find myself getting lost. It's also nice that it is in close proximity to other trails at Lake Towhee/Lake Nockamixon so if you wanted more than just a short hike for the day, you could pop on over to another location.

sadly no vista at the top. and there is quite a bit of broken glass, but overall it's a nice short hike. the rocks are a fun challenge. we had our border collie with us and it was tough through the rocky part, so it wouldn't be good for all dogs. we'll definitely come back here though.

I swear this was just rated a hard trail not moderate. Anyway, lovely trail but once you hit scaling across all the boulders you loose the trail markings they become very scarce. At the top are large boulders you have to climb up if you want to get to the overlook. It's was a nice short hike just keep an eye out for any markings you see further up the trail.

Was good trail but not good on the marking for the way to hike and get around. Only when going up the trail it had the blue markings. But going back Down the blue marks, yellow and orange were way off trail.

The trail was a little difficult for me, but I would do it again! I wore good sneakers and shorts. I recommend though wearing pants and hiking boots, so you don't get scraped on the big rocks. The rocks get bigger then cars, but it's a good hikr.

Beautiful trail.

Very nice trail. Challenging at the top. The rocks were slick due to the recent rain.

Really cool hike. Gets rocky near the top and would be difficult to get dogs/little kids all the way up.