Hawk Mountain Loop is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kempton, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

Parking is free at the visitors center. Hikers must pay $10 dollars each to hike the trail system.

It was a lot of fun to get out and start exploring some of the more impressive trail systems in PA!!!! 11/10/2018

Skyline section is so much fun! I highly suggest doing this counterclockwise.

Visited 10/28/18. Paid $10 per person and it’s well worth it! Attended a 30 minute educational lecture of the different raptors that migrate through the area. The trails are pretty. Be prepared for a lot of boulders and rocky terrain. Their easy to maneuver but I suggest good hiking shoes.

Went on a Saturday afternoon paid $10.00 well worth it!

What a great hike! Be prepared for lots and lots of rocks and boulders! Challenging but even my 12 yr old finished strong!
Proper shoes and water and snacks is a must. The loop took us about 4hrs. Exhausted but what a great day!

This hike does have great views, comparable to Pulpit Rock and the Pinnacle, did it counter to save the views for the 2nd half of the hike. Didnt see many hawks but it wasnt peak season being August (from what im told this place gets amusement park packed during peak season which is late September to early October). The river of rocks was really cool, especially from the view point. Some rock climbing here and there with lots of rock hoping, but this is expected in rocksylvania so make sure you have some sturdy boots. Alot of info available on the trail and in the vistors center regarding wildlife, geology and history. Main downfall is the 10 dollar entrance fee, to me thats pretty steep but at least it goes to a good cause being a sanctuary and all.

this was a great Trail really intense great for experience of rock climbing saw one of my favorite snakes on the trail timber rattlesnake it took me and my hubby a total of 6 hours to complete the entire loop really intense hiking on rocks sharp rocks stick snakes but a very beautiful great hike

I absolutely love this trail! With well marked trails and spectacular views I would definitely recommend taking the whole loop!

Good spot to hike today, great weather started @ 930 probably a good time before the crowds started... did the orange & some red to do the one loop... saw a ton of sights up in the air, hawks & eagles.

It wasnt quite as challenging as I expected it to be, but we had a great time anyways.

We started to the right going downhill along the right side it the rocks... tricky rocky hike going downhill to the lowest elevation - from there the climb to the summit was good and hard. There were three places with very challenging rock climbing to get to the next point of the trail. We’re active healthy 50 year-olds and we did ok. Saw several Eastern Diamondback rattle snakes sunning on the rocks within ten feet of our trail. Allow about 4.5 hours. Be sure to have good supply of water and energy foods to keep going. Have fun!

Great hike. The trails are very well maintained. Great views. We spotted some birds, but couldn’t determine what they were. Overall it was a very nice day.

Be ready for a rocky trail. Great hike. Not much scenery until you get to the lookout points. Better have good footwear

Excellent hike! For a hard hike, I suggest doing the whole loop, to include River of Rocks Trail, Golden Eagle Trail, and the Skyline Trail. Epic hike with a lot of scrambling (Skyline Trail). Definitely slippery when wet so be prepared to slip and slide if it’s raining like it was today.

Well its nice and cornfusing at same time lol... wanted to do the whole loop but didnt make the right when i should have . my fault . seen the overlooks and going back and doing loop!!!

Golden eagle trail is steep, but worth the views from the East Rocks and Lookout Trail.

Easily one of my favorite trails.

$10 fee for a 4 mile loop. No thanks.

Fantastic! With the temperature hovering around 90 degrees but feeling like 300 the hike was a very demanding one. Bring lots of water. More than you think you'll need. We ran out.

This route makes you earn the views and that's exactly what we wanted. There are a few climbing sections that look worse than they are. Our 15 year old that doesn't hike much was able to negotiate them all without problems or much assistance at all.

Select sturdy and worn in shoes or you'll suffer. You want to make sure you can't roll your ankles on uneven surfaces and moving rocks prior to attempting this hike or you'll have a bad day.

Deet and picardin is mandatory or you will die from insect attacks. We combined these two repellents and had no issues with bites but they did surround us.

Whoever estimated the final climb to be 10ft... 10ft sections... about 5 of them.

A good hike with some awesome views! Sunset from the North Lookout is amazing!

Great moderate hike with nice views. Went with my aunt who is not very active and we just did a short hike from parking lot to north lookout. She made it but could not complete river of rocks which is much more challenging. There was some restoration work being done so you may hear power tools toward the top. Very knowledgable and helpful staff. I would definitely go back.

Great overview

Great hike! Harder than we thought but so worth it. Beautiful views. Lots of adventure. Awesome time. If you head out on the blue trail toward the River of Rocks and take the blue trail back around prepare for an awesome time.

$10 ADMISSION FEE (for adults) let me just say it’s worth it. There are a bunch of different trials ranging from moderate to difficult and 30 minutes to hours. We went straight to the north lookout and I could sit up there all day. It’s rocky up there but you are on top of the world overlooking sooooo much. Beautiful sanctuary where the employees are so friendly and helpful. One of my top places because there is so much to do and see. Would highly recommend to plan this trip instead of a last minute decision to go

I always love this app thank you very much for the big help and the GPS maps of the trails you guys are the best

The trail was decent but there is a $10 admission, which should be listed on this app and with reviews. Pretty area but much better hiking trails in other areas that are free. Appalachian trail a mile away that connects to pinnacle.

rock climbing

Beautiful but difficult hike. I would call this more rock climbing than hiking. It's definitely not for beginners. Expect to be on all fours for at least half the hike. Gloves recommended. The trail is not very well marked. The views are spectacular and it is a great workout.

We are in our early sixties and had no problem with this short and energizing hike of 4.75 miles. Plenty of rocks to climb over or leap across at the top too! Don’t recommend for older folks if your not used to this kind of hiking/climbing or have even the slightest balance problem.

This is an incredible hike, easy 5 star. Their is a lot to experiance and you do not have to kill yourself to see some cool stuff. Check out my full write up along with directions and things to look out for.