Hawk Mountain Lookout Trail

Hawk Mountain Lookout Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kempton, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

wheelchair friendly

this is a really nice nature short walk up the lookout , great for kids, app trail also close by for more experienced hike

Trail map not drawn to scale. Lots of bugs today and a VERY noisy group of kids. We let them pass & waited quite a long time so that we could have a peaceful hike. Always a fun challenge here...❤ the rocks & views

If you do it right, Hawk Mountain is a lot of fun! Recommend taking the river of rocks to Golden Eagle - a good, steep challenge, then the skyline trail is where it really gets fun. Some great scrambling/bouldering takes you to the summit. Views at the top won't blow you away but the skyline trail is awesome.

This place is awesome. You can make it easy or hard and either way I do not think you will be disappointed. Check out my full write up along with some things to look out for.

Had a great day on Hawk Mountain with my grandchildren. The hike was absolutely wonderful and the views were fantastic. Good trails, easy going.

Hawk Mountain is one my favorite places to go. I have never completed the full loop, on this trip I intended to but it was much too humid and I sweat a lot. So I kept it simple with an out and back from south lookout to the majestic north lookout. This is a fairly simple straight forward hike most of it fairly level til you get closer to the north lookout and go up 100 or so feet rather quickly. First half is a nice dirt path but gets rocky quick.