Harmony Hill

Harmony Hill is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Downingtown, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great area for mountain biking and trail running. Lots of options to create your own loops and have a different experience on the trail each time!

fun technical challenging ride

A seemingly neglected area of this trail is the path you can straight uphill by the large power lines, if -- after parking by the covered bridge trailhead -- you make a right (instead of left) onto the continuation of the paved trail.

Follow the paved trail past a picnic area (which will be on your right), and then a cinder block storage house with porta-potty (which will be on your left) until you end up face-to-face with the large power lines that cross the area. You will see a steep gravel hill following the power line towers. Take this path straight uphill until you get to a large grassy field. You will find that although the grass is rather high, there is a stomped out path that will lead you along the right edge of the field, past one trail opening and then to a bench. I usually take the second trail opening (which is just beyond the bench) and follow it all the way down until it drops me off again on the paved trail, close to another parking lot.

Including this ALT path into your hike will add a couple extra miles of good moderate-level hiking when coupled with the Harmony Hill trail loop.

Nice wooded tail, part of the full loop was under construction and couldn't be walked near then end so we had to take alternate path

Dogs and I throughly enjoyed the trails. Not too busy considering it was Labor Day.

This was an enjoyable hike with a bunch of different colored trails. I generally tried to follow the AllTrails route, but you don't have to.

Cool trail with old farm ruins and a pretty creek that dogs love, really like this trail!

Nice wooded valley walk with well marked, mixed-use trails. The walk listed here is actually a blend of 4 intersecting loop trails - green, blue, white, yellow, and red. Easy terrain would be good for a family

This collection of trails cover several miles in a rural area between Downingtown and West Chester.
This trail allows anyone to hike, walk, jog, and bike. Providing a very easy path that is paved or many rugged and rocky trails that twist up and down the hill.
These trails are great for family, a group of people, or even a loan hiker(as I) to give you a great experience.
Expect to see wildlife every single time you go here.

Love these trails. There are at least three choices of wooded trails all color coded. If you start at this entrance you walk down about a mile depending which color trail you pick. You can just do the loop or you can continue on a paved trail along the Brandywine River. Well marked.

Awesome! Easily customize the route as you go.

JUst getting back into hiking; good trails, well marked. Very wooded area; some old home foundations; small creek/water area. Seem to be well maintained. All the trails seem to cross each other and at times overlap; if you easily get lost, bring a map. I enjoyed it and will go back

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

We did the red and yellow trail. Will be going back to do green and blue trail soon. Was a hot day and we had our dog with us so picked a trail that would get us to water soon. It is shaded. didn't see many people on it. that's why I picked it. My son and dog ran it. I think it's one of the best kept trails that I have been on. I would have missed the parking lot if my son wasn't with me. Looked like someone's drive way.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Perfect mt biking training trails. Plenty of trails both uphill and downhill.

Friday, August 14, 2015

This is a great trail for mid-afternoon on a sunny, hot day as it is almost entirely in the woods. It is an easy down and up trail, with very good markings. Occasionally you may be passed by Mountain Bikers (who help maintain the trails), but it is more often that you see no one over the course of a hike. The slope is mostly gentle to moderate. My dog (who loves to hike with me) likes this course - good creek at the bottom end for a drink. Parking at 1200 Skelp Level road is much less crowded than those along Rt 322.

Monday, May 05, 2014

Fun series of nice buffed out single track. Create different loops with different lengths and elevation changes. Love that it's close by. A great place to go and ride for an hour or two.