Handsome Lake Trail

Handsome Lake Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Corydon Twp, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

canoeing

You will need to boat in to access this trail and campground.

Perfect hike and campsite! It is pretty muddy and has several spots where you have to cross a stream, so definitely have waterproof boots. There's a pretty challenging hill, but most of the trail is easy to moderate. Very well marked as well! This was my first trip backpacking and I think it's a very good one to start out on. Be prepared to see deer, snakes, and other wildlife.

Sunday, March 04, 2012

I am definitely not an experienced hiker so please keep that in mind when reading this review. We decided to hike this trail because of the camping on the lake. We took our gear from the street to the campsite. It was very physically demanding. I recommend canoeing in and then enjoying the hike without the gear. Otherwise, it was wonderful getting off the beaten path. Camping on the lake was beautiful as well.