Hammonds Rocks Trail

Hammonds Rocks Trail is a 10.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Gardners, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Trail is marked by blue blazes looks like it is no longer kept up.

Pretty easy Trail except once you pass the 1st. Vista the Trail has many different branches to follow. My buddy got his feet wet so we hiked up to th rocks from the trail instead of hiking all the way around.

Made an attempt to hike Hammonds Rock Trail today. After getting on Glory Hole MTB trail, there was a point where the Hammonds Rock Trail should have turned left (around a large rock ridge line), but I was unable to find the trail. The trail may have grown over due to all the restoration in the area... may need to be cut again. All around a good hike none-the-less.

rock climbing

They have cleaned this area up tremendously and it looks great! No more vulgar and untalented graffiti markings anymore. The views from the top of the rocks is great. There are easy rock formations to climb for beginners or people with short legs like myself! LOL! However, if you have someone with you to assist you up the harder climb, I strongly suggest that you man up and do it because it is very worth it. This is one of my favorite places to come to with one of my favorite people and I am so happy that this was no longer neglected.

Sunday, May 24, 2015