Hackers Falls and Raymondskill Falls Loop Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(314)
Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area

Hackers Falls and Raymondskill Falls Loop Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Milford, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 3.5 miles Elevation Gain: 666 feet Route Type: Loop

A lovely trail and very easy to follow… Except for the beginning which is not marked. I recommend starting at the end of the trail as marked. It is right opposite the parking lot. If you want to start the trail as marked, look for a gravel path heading up the hill next to the yellow speed sign. I went early in the morning, and it was not crowded at all.

This was a very well maintained trail. It is steep when returning back to the parking area. Otherwise it was an amazing experience, I would recommend showing up early. When we were leaving around noon the parking lot was full.

This trail was great. It was very well maintained and had everything you want in a trail - great views, waterfall, wildlife. Highly recommend. A lot of reviews mentioned the parking area being small (true) but I would add that it wasn't busy (I went in the a.m.). Good option if you are trying to avoid the crowds at the Del Water Gap.

Great trail! Beautiful walk through the woods with a lake, pond and the falls. Busy in the afternoon, go early to avoid overcrowding the parking lot.

One of my favorite hikes in the area. Easy to navigate and not strenuous at all. Slight inclines in some places but very doable. The waterfall is beautiful and the trail actually takes you past a few more mini waterfalls. Bring a sandwich or some snacks to eat by the riverbank. Had a lot of fun here. Parking lot is small and fills up fast though so come early!

Easy hike. It says no swimming but people were jumping into the falls and hanging in the water. It was nice. Dog friendly

The eastern cliff trail is one of my favorites, other side of the road from the falls it snakes along the edge of the cliff, feels slightly dangerous but the views are outstanding. Done it twice with my 4&6 year olds.

Trails well maintained with good signage. Very level and with gravel in some areas. Beautiful waterfalls and views of the Delaware. Went early ~8AM and had the trails to ourselves

Great trail. Many interconnected trails. Different parking trail access-points. Just enough meet and greets with other hikers.

What a wonderful hike we had today! Started out our journey on another trail and came across this unexpected beauty! The waterfall was so peaceful and the view was just amazing. Highly recommended!

not stroller worthy but best falls in the area, awesome for kids

I thought it was a lovey trail. Parked at Hackers and followed trail to Raymondskill Falls upper then lower level. Then followed trail down to base by water. Hike back up was a nice incline that was easy but got my heart rate up.

Hiked April 23, 2020. Highly recommend both of these falls, especially in spring when the water flow is impressive. Hackers Falls feels more "natural," due to Raymondskill having a boardwalk-type structure for access, but loved both falls.

Only saw two people on Easter. Great hike. Excellent condition.

I love hackers falls! Def recommend! Just across the street from raymondskill

Beautiful waterfalls!!

Not bad at all for the area. Nice mix of views from the cliffs and the waterfall. We took the route exactly as indicated in AllTrails. To take the path that runs along the cliff ridge, that trailhead actually starts roughly 100 yards to the east of the parking lot, on the north side of the street. It is not marked, but it is on a hill right next to a curve-in-road caution street sign. You'll see the worn path a few feet in. Slightly steep at first to the cliff but easy hike for us and the kids (ages 8 and 11).

I would recommend this trail for its breathtaking views.

I loved seeing all the waterfalls, but I’d definitely recommend taking a picture of the map and/or having a paper copy of the map while you hike. I say this because it’s easy to get a little disoriented with which turn you made along the spiderweb of trails. There are several ways to get to/from the same location, but make sure you know which route you’re taking! I was super happy I took a pic of the trail map before heading into the woods, on this hike.

Great hike with some challenging slopes but manageable even with kids. Great views off the cliff towards the Delaware. Lots of intersecting trails allow for lots of variety. Social distancing score of B. We only crossed paths with a few people but sharing the parking lot with the Raymondskill loop was quite busy when we returned.

The trail starts across the street from the parking lot

The Hackers Trail is not well marked . Recommend using the GPS if you want to stay on the trail. It's a less traveled trail so that was nice for a quiet hike.

nice trail..recommend taking loop around pond after waterfall. Took cliff park trial back on return to parking lot. Some nice veiws.

icy

Great hike in the snow. Cliff Trail gets little dicey in spots, but the waterfalls and ice formations were fantastic!

Great trail hike. Can be a little steep for those that don’t hike regularly but the views of the falls was wonderful. Adding the loop to Cliff Park Trail added additional views over the river that should not be missed. Some people have complained that the trail isn’t marked well, but I didn’t find that to be the case. Perhaps the Park service has recently updated the trail markings...?

Great trail. Waterfall was beautiful. We went on a overcast day so we had the trail and falls to ourself. We extended this trail and added and additional loop. The way down was great views and fun.

Nice little trail really enjoyed it falls were beautiful!!! Slow gain at start got the sweat flowing but the overlook at the clif trail was worth it

Great hike, I recommend walking further than the falls towards the cliff.