H. Knauber Trail Loop

H. Knauber Trail Loop is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tower City, Pennsylvania and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Took the ATC (white blaze) to the trailhead for the H. Knauber Trail (red blaze). Steep, rocky. At the top of the ridge, at the cairn, the blue blazed trail starts to the right. I found the blue blaze to be poorly maintained. Bark has come off some trees, losing the blazes. The blue blaze trail starts to go downhill (very rocky). I was not able to maintain sight of/or find the blazes and ended up off the trail. I went back up to the ridge and wandered for some time while remaining at the same elevation. I ultimately got to the Stony Mt Lookout Tower. Followed the road from the tower to the intersection with Rattling Run Trail, turned right, at the next intersection turned right onto Water Tank Trail downhill back to Clark's Valley Road trailhead. Good thing I had a map!

Monday, May 16, 2016

Beautiful area. Would have liked to have an actual map of trails though. We found a pink maker trail and took that pretty far up the mountain. We turned around when we saw that it just kept continuing uphill and it was just a little too much for me.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Easy to find and not extremely difficult but a nice climb and walk in the woods.

Monday, December 24, 2012