Wissahickon Green Ribbon Trail

Wissahickon Green Ribbon Trail is a 12.2 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near North Wales, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

12.2 miles 364 feet Point to Point

The Wissahickon Green Ribbon Trail is a suburban trail in southeastern Pennsylvania, United States. The " Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association" has preserved nearly 200 acres of land immediately adjacent to the Wissahickon Creek through conservation easements or outright ownership of the land.

Love this trail. I am on it almost weekly.

My buddy John and I hiked a 9 mile section of this trail. It was a very hot and humid day, and although the trail is basically flat, we were beat by the time we finished. We parked a car at the golf club lot in Flourtown and staged John's car at the Gwynedd Valley Post office. The hike winds along the Wissahickon Creek and crosses several bridges, including nicely constructed stepping stone bridges. The trail also crosses several roads, making it easier to do a shorter hike if you want to. A local gem. Give it a try.

I love this trail for it's hidden convenience and for the ability to jump on it at several different locations. Mainly in the easy category with a few moderate up and downs along the way. Did the 10 miler that Tony Juliano described below a few weeks back. It originates at Parkside Place Park in Upper Gwynedd Township (go all the way back to parking lot next to or behind pool) and ends near the bridge on Skippack Pike (Route 73) at Ft Wash State Park. I tend to move along while hiking so it only took me 2-1/2 hrs (with no stops) to complete. Have at it.

Nice, easy creek side trail. Minimal hills. Mostly paved trails, with a few short dirt trails in between. A few scenic spots.

I started an out-and-back route from the Fort Washington State Park parking lot by the Hawk Observation Deck. Then, I took the shortest route to the Green Ribbon Preservation Trail and headed southwards.

A few hundred feet down the trail, there's a train underpass where you walk along side a steadily flowing Wisshickon Creek, which provides some nice scenery.

About a mile southwards, the trail splits. If you head left, you'll come to a long, well constructed pedestrian bridge that spans the Wissahickon Creek. It's worthwhile to walk across.

Then, I retraced my steps to where the trail split and continued southwards on the Green Ribbon Preservation Trail until I reached Stenton Ave (where the trail ends). I turned around and headed back to Fort Washington State Park on the same route, stopping on the Hawk Observation Deck on my way back, which provided a cool scenic overlook of the surrounding landscape above the treeline.

A nice, leisurely walk. Pretty much the only worthwhile trail around Fort Washington State Park.