Wissahickon Green Ribbon Trail

Wissahickon Green Ribbon Trail is a 12.2 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near North Wales, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

The Wissahickon Green Ribbon Trail is a suburban trail in southeastern Pennsylvania, United States. The " Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association" has preserved nearly 200 acres of land immediately adjacent to the Wissahickon Creek through conservation easements or outright ownership of the land.

I just walked the entire trail with a good friend today. We started in north wales. I was very surprised at just how much of this trail is in the woods away from the crowds and streets. It is very nice how it stays close to the creek. The water crossings are easy thanks to the stones they have placed in the water to assist you. As long as you have a map of the trail you should be ok because there are a few places where you have to cross a road and pick the trail up a little on down the road. The trail is not very challenging but if you want a long hike through the woods you should take a day and walk the whole trail.

Love this trail. I am on it almost weekly.

My buddy John and I hiked a 9 mile section of this trail. It was a very hot and humid day, and although the trail is basically flat, we were beat by the time we finished. We parked a car at the golf club lot in Flourtown and staged John's car at the Gwynedd Valley Post office. The hike winds along the Wissahickon Creek and crosses several bridges, including nicely constructed stepping stone bridges. The trail also crosses several roads, making it easier to do a shorter hike if you want to. A local gem. Give it a try.

I love this trail for it's hidden convenience and for the ability to jump on it at several different locations. Mainly in the easy category with a few moderate up and downs along the way. Did the 10 miler that Tony Juliano described below a few weeks back. It originates at Parkside Place Park in Upper Gwynedd Township (go all the way back to parking lot next to or behind pool) and ends near the bridge on Skippack Pike (Route 73) at Ft Wash State Park. I tend to move along while hiking so it only took me 2-1/2 hrs (with no stops) to complete. Have at it.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016