Wissahickon Green Ribbon Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(153)
Fort Washington State Park

Wissahickon Green Ribbon Trail is a 12 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near North Wales, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 12.0 miles Elevation Gain: 196 feet Route Type: Point to Point

partially paved

The Wissahickon Green Ribbon Trail is a suburban trail in southeastern Pennsylvania. The Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association has preserved nearly 200 acres of land immediately adjacent to the Wissahickon Creek through conservation easements or outright ownership of the land.

Nice trail, kids loved it but definitely not stroller friendly lol

Started Friday trail head at parkside place park

I really enjoyed this trail. I feel like it was a hidden gem. I’ve lived in the area for a long time, and never knew it existed. It was very scenic and very well marked. Many blossoming trees and wildflowers. There were 2 sections that were very muddy. I was prepared so it wasn’t a big deal.

Pretty muddy but very cute, easy trail.

The trail was nice a bit muddy at places but a lot of fun.

This is the extension of the trail listed under Fort Washington State Park. Here’s the info: A really nice alternative to battling the weekend crowds at the Forbidden Drive trailhead parking lots. Set your GPS for the Flourtown Rec Area and park there. The trail is adjacent.

Nice trail, very muddy though

Very boring trail to hike in. We were literally hiking in peoples backyards. Also the trail cut through many busy roads. The only good thing about it is that it’s a very easy trail to follow

This was my first 10+ mile trail. I really liked that this trail is located in a semi-urban setting as opposed to deep in the woods. I retained cell service and there were plenty of bail out points along the way (crosses several main roads and winds through backyards). Great trail if you’re looking to build confidence with distance per day.

from the north whales entry to this trail the trail is very narrow through the woods and VERY filled with tree roots. not recommended for biking.

We decided that after completing the 12.6 miles of the green ribbon trail, to continue down Stenton Ave and then hit up Forbidden Drive. 10/10, would hike again.

Tue Jan 01 2019

Sat Sep 15 2018

I really love this trail, I did it twice when I’m here on business trip.

Fri Aug 31 2018

This is a fun trail, it has river crossing that are ez if you can shoulder a bike. I normally rid it on my gravel bike but it would be better on a plus tire hardtail. All and all it’s fast with plenty exciting bends.

Fri Mar 30 2018

It's a lovely trail. Easy, serene, a nice "get some fresh air and nature". Well planned trail.

Sun Sep 17 2017

Tue Jul 04 2017

I give this 5 stars because our house is on this trail- so - the very easy access for us

Sun May 21 2017

I just walked the entire trail with a good friend today. We started in north wales. I was very surprised at just how much of this trail is in the woods away from the crowds and streets. It is very nice how it stays close to the creek. The water crossings are easy thanks to the stones they have placed in the water to assist you. As long as you have a map of the trail you should be ok because there are a few places where you have to cross a road and pick the trail up a little on down the road. The trail is not very challenging but if you want a long hike through the woods you should take a day and walk the whole trail.