Green Lane Reservoir Blue Trail Loop

Green Lane Reservoir Blue Trail Loop is a 10.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Red Hill, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

First off, I'd wager this trail is more of a moderate rating, just because of the distance involved.

Second, at least half of this trail is used heavily by horseback riders. I don't want to throw shade at them--horseback riders need decent trails too--but my experience anytime I take the dogs out on a shared path that horses take is that you will inevitably be slopping around in the mud and that was true of this trail.

The blue portion of the trail is the best and most scenic and if you do out and back you could end up doing around the same distance.

I'd prefer to do this one with my mountain bike or to skip the trail entirely and throw my kayak out on the lake for a leisurely afternoon.

Perfect day for a hike here! We thought the trees would be completely naked and make some spots slippery when crossing creeks. We were surprised with some awesome views and ony a few slippery spots! We didn't get to go completely around the reservoir due to some time constraints but will be back to hit more trails around here!

This is actually made up of the blue and red trail with the blue trail being on the souther portion of the lake and the red trail to the north. The blue trail is beautiful as it goes right along the lake under a 95% tree coverage. Lots of grade changes and many exposed roots and rocks. One of our favorite trail running spots as it offers a higher difficulty while also providing an incredible view the entire way. The red trail is a little longer and is more gravel on a mostly exposed trail with not much in the way of a view. I didn’t care for the red trail as much to be honest but the blue trail is a gem.

Adequate for trail running, I ran through a bunch of spiderwebs but aside from that it was nice. As already mentioned, half is on paved roads. It was nice in the woodsy area!

Manicured path. 1/2 in the woods, half on a paved path beside a busy road. Moderate traffic. Not the best if you're looking for more than a stroll in the woods

Blue/Red loop is an awesome day hike Just remember you share the trail with horses.

Really nicely done. Great job programmers.

I like this place, great hiking and after... kayak or paddle board to relax. Super!

Absolutely loved this trail. Due to my bad sense of direction we got a little confused at parts. But overall can't wait to come back

Blue and Red Trail as a whole was greater than 8.5 miles. Nice hike, easy enough for anyone to undertake. Blue trail was all shade so may be better to start on the red and end on the blue depending on where you park.

Today was our first time on this trail. Very well-maintained. Has a few stream crossings but wouldn't rate as "hard" unless streams are in full flow. Elevation gains exist but aren't bad. Definitely a longer hike than 8.5 miles if you do the whole blue (western side) and red (eastern side) hike. Blue trail was very scenic and under lots of shade. Red trail was very exposed with little scenery, but less strenuous by far. Bring lots of water, especially on hotter sunny days! We parked at lot off Snyder Road, which unintentionally added more distance, so investigate parking vs. trail heads before you go.

Gorgeous trail. Blue trail is slightly hilly (I'd rate it medium, not hard) and is about 6 miles on one side of reservoir. We took connector (Perkiomen trail) to Red Trail for complete loop around entire reservoir. Red trail is easy, but little shade. They have made improvements on both trails that take you away from road traffic, so don't worry if you stray from AllTrails route. Total distance 11.3 miles...so a very long hike. We did it in 3 hours 43 minutes (no breaks).

This is a favorite hike of mine. I start at Deep Creek Lake at the ampletheater parking and head south on the Perkiomen trail to the Blue trail. From here it goes to the horse trailer parking, cross the street and start a series of up and downs. It's a great workout. After passing the main parking (1.7 miles into the hike) you come to portion of the trail with seven ravines to cross. This trail is great all year round as the season changes are wonderful. Watch out for the horses, bikes, dogs, and deer.

My boyfriend and I circled the whole lake and it was a great time. The blue trail is the best for a real hike, but the others were really nice as well. You can find something for any skill level and it was beautiful.

Pretty good place to run and meet other hikers. Will need to take my bike over here sometime.

Thursday, January 05, 2017

Absolutely in love with Green Lane. I took the dog with me for a hike this time which was so enjoyable. I've hiked quite a few of the trails around the reservoir which all have beautiful views. Definitely recommend!

Monday, October 31, 2016

gorgeous views! the trails aren't too difficult to climb although there are some tough areas. did blue, red and green trails. signage throughout warning of difficult hills and ticks.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Nice 12 mile loop if you get familiar with the trails. You can take a look at my hike but if you go blue to red or red to blue and use all the alternate paths on red, it's a great hike and you stay out of the sun. On Red there is green trail called Hemlock I believe then few more off the main red path that keep you off the paved path and basic gravel path.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

It wasn't a difficult hike, but it was longer than expected. There are several houses on the trail.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

I loved it. Maybe if you're in great shape and hike tougher paths more often you won't find it challenging but I thought Blue was pretty tough, and there were a few times when I wished I'd had some hiking boots; I can think of at least two or three fairly steep inclines and declines where I slipped on the uneven rocky terrain.

All in all I loved the trail. Took Blue out to Perkiomen and that to Green and Red back to Blue. Very nice, very pretty hike. A great way to kill four or five hours.