Green Lane Reservoir Blue Trail Loop

Green Lane Reservoir Blue Trail Loop is a 10.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Red Hill, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

First off, I'd wager this trail is more of a moderate rating, just because of the distance involved.

Second, at least half of this trail is used heavily by horseback riders. I don't want to throw shade at them--horseback riders need decent trails too--but my experience anytime I take the dogs out on a shared path that horses take is that you will inevitably be slopping around in the mud and that was true of this trail.

The blue portion of the trail is the best and most scenic and if you do out and back you could end up doing around the same distance.

I'd prefer to do this one with my mountain bike or to skip the trail entirely and throw my kayak out on the lake for a leisurely afternoon.

Perfect day for a hike here! We thought the trees would be completely naked and make some spots slippery when crossing creeks. We were surprised with some awesome views and ony a few slippery spots! We didn't get to go completely around the reservoir due to some time constraints but will be back to hit more trails around here!

This is actually made up of the blue and red trail with the blue trail being on the souther portion of the lake and the red trail to the north. The blue trail is beautiful as it goes right along the lake under a 95% tree coverage. Lots of grade changes and many exposed roots and rocks. One of our favorite trail running spots as it offers a higher difficulty while also providing an incredible view the entire way. The red trail is a little longer and is more gravel on a mostly exposed trail with not much in the way of a view. I didn’t care for the red trail as much to be honest but the blue trail is a gem.

Adequate for trail running, I ran through a bunch of spiderwebs but aside from that it was nice. As already mentioned, half is on paved roads. It was nice in the woodsy area!

Manicured path. 1/2 in the woods, half on a paved path beside a busy road. Moderate traffic. Not the best if you're looking for more than a stroll in the woods

Blue/Red loop is an awesome day hike Just remember you share the trail with horses.

Really nicely done. Great job programmers.