Green Lane Park Trail

Green Lane Park Trail is a 12.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Green Lane, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 12.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,154 feet Route Type: Loop

paddle sports

The only true loop trail is the 2.5 mile long Orange Loop. The Hemlock Point Trail in combination with the Green Connector trail also makes a nice manageable loop of about 2.5 miles in total. Whitetail Nature Trail is a partial loop partial out and back totaling about 1 mile. The full park circuit involves the red trail (5 miles), the blue trail (7.5 miles), the green connector trail (1.5 miles), and part of the Perkiomen Trail (about a 1.5 mile segment). To complete the entire circuit is about 15 to 16 miles and involves elevation changes from about 210 feet at the lowest point (Crossing Perkiomen Creek below the reservoir) to about 400 feet (Along the blue trail adjacent to Hill Road). Elevation changes along the blue trail are frequent, this is the most demanding trail in the park. The largest single elevation change of 150 feet is traversing north along the green loop trail from where it meets the Perkiomen trail. (210 feet to 360 feet)

Love this park. I've hiked every single trail multiple times. It's always maintained and well marked. My dogs also love hiking here!

Completed loop clockwise starting on blue trail then red trail and ending with a short section of blue trail. Trail is well marked. Enjoyed the blue trail more for hiking. May bring mountain bikes for the red trail at some future date. Some muddy sections due to recent rains. Also saw a couple of downed trees from the high winds a couple of days ago.

Nice trail well marked! In the fall the colors are beautiful!!

Great trail with beautiful scenery. Not sure I agree with the “Moderate” rating, i would personally rate it as easy. Perhaps the length is what warrants the rating. I encountered several groups of horseback riders and at times it was a challenge to avoid the horse dung, but still a very pleasant hike. I took the Blue trail to the Red trail clockwise around the lake and took the green lane connector back to the blue. A couple miles of the trail are wide single lane gravel roads wide enough for a full sized vehicle. There was also close to 2 miles of paved trail. Would be nicer if it was all foot path.

private property

Trail is very well maintained. There are sections that run through private property, but it’s clearly marked to “ please stay on trail. The parts that are steep are marked with warning signs. You can see the lake most of the time witch is nice. . The All trails app is extremely helpful to keep from going on wrong trails( other loops ) and tracks how far you have come and other information . This is a long trail but mostly flat without ridiculous inclines. My only suggestion is have the trail marked better in some area where there are turns and road crossings. Over all I loved it and will go again... it’s right near my house❤️

A little of everything... shade, sun, challenging in some area. All good!

I will definitely be back to complete the loop. Very scenic.

My wife and I completed the loop and added in the Honeysuckle and Hemlock trails. Looking forward to what the fall season has in store.

I did the 12 and 1/2 Mile Trail in about 4 and 1/2 hours. It was really nice out. Good trail. very clean. Very well marked. I took a small Daypack with some water and snacks and it worked out well.

Definitely 12 miles. Was not prepared, took me (unexperienced) 7 hours to complete.

I hiked loop trail today for the first time, and it is measured 12 miles even. I did it in 4.5 hours, carried my backpack with a camera, a binoculars and an apple and two bottles of water, love it, and will do it again

Agree with those of you that note this loop is 12+ miles in length. Done this several times and it usually takes me right around 3 hrs to complete at a pacey clip. Highly recommended. AllTrails profile should be updated.

Much of this was paved, or gravel/mud horse trails. If you look, you’ll often find a lot nicer, more narrow foot path in the woods closer to the lake.

Good trail and really enjoyable combination of technical and trails, with a little path. Worth noting I clocked 20.8km for a full circuit from Hemlock car park, on to black to blue trail, and back on red.

I would not recommend this trail for beginners. I just started hiking 2 weeks ago, I’m 48 and 240 lbs. it claims the hike is 10.5 miles. I followed the map perfectly and map my hike says it is 12.5 miles. A big difference for a fat guy like me.

Sun Aug 19 2018

A great day hike with beautiful views, nice diversity.

Fri Jul 06 2018

I love running this trail. Very well marked. Difficulty level varies depending on what side you are on. Some days the run calls for steep and rocky terrain. Some days it calls for a nice flow with some rolling hills. Or run the whole thing and get the best of both worlds. Plenty of bathroom, porta potty, stops. Two thumbs up.

Wed May 23 2018

I parked at one of the main lots for the park and fishing area. It took me awhile to find the trail entrance. Once on the trail, I was much happier! It was an easy hike with mostly flat terrain. Any steep incline spots were visibly marked prior for all guests. There were long lasting spots of the trails without any shade. My advice would be to bring LOTS and LOTS of water for those long sunny areas!

Tue Dec 19 2017

Love love love this trail, never crowded and great mix of up and downs

Sun Aug 27 2017

very hard to bike

Wed Jul 12 2017

This hike provides a wide variety of landscapes and nice view of the reservoir. We saw an abundance of wildlife and bountiful wine berries ripe for the picking. The loop is really closer to 12.5 miles and took us 5.75 hours to complete with a lunch break. I hiked with my dog and my sister.

Tue Jun 06 2017

Recommend taking lots of water

Sun Jan 10 2016

Pretty trails, with my favorite being the Red and Honeysuckle trail where we saw lots of wildlife.