Green Lane Park Trail

Green Lane Park Trail is a 10.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Green Lane, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

The only true loop trail is the 2.5 mile long Orange Loop. The Hemlock Point Trail in combination with the Green Connector trail also makes a nice manageable loop of about 2.5 miles in total. Whitetail Nature Trail is a partial loop partial out and back totaling about 1 mile. The full park circuit involves the red trail (5 miles), the blue trail (7.5 miles), the green connector trail (1.5 miles), and part of the Perkiomen Trail (about a 1.5 mile segment). To complete the entire circuit is about 15 to 16 miles and involves elevation changes from about 210 feet at the lowest point (Crossing Perkiomen Creek below the reservoir) to about 400 feet (Along the blue trail adjacent to Hill Road). Elevation changes along the blue trail are frequent, this is the most demanding trail in the park. The largest single elevation change of 150 feet is traversing north along the green loop trail from where it meets the Perkiomen trail. (210 feet to 360 feet)

I love running this trail. Very well marked. Difficulty level varies depending on what side you are on. Some days the run calls for steep and rocky terrain. Some days it calls for a nice flow with some rolling hills. Or run the whole thing and get the best of both worlds. Plenty of bathroom, porta potty, stops. Two thumbs up.

I parked at one of the main lots for the park and fishing area. It took me awhile to find the trail entrance. Once on the trail, I was much happier!
It was an easy hike with mostly flat terrain. Any steep incline spots were visibly marked prior for all guests. There were long lasting spots of the trails without any shade. My advice would be to bring LOTS and LOTS of water for those long sunny areas!

Love love love this trail, never crowded and great mix of up and downs

very hard to bike

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

This hike provides a wide variety of landscapes and nice view of the reservoir. We saw an abundance of wildlife and bountiful wine berries ripe for the picking. The loop is really closer to 12.5 miles and took us 5.75 hours to complete with a lunch break. I hiked with my dog and my sister.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Recommend taking lots of water

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pretty trails, with my favorite being the Red and Honeysuckle trail where we saw lots of wildlife.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A nice hike but not a lot going on. You really have to go inside the actual trail to make it feel like you are hiking and not just walking in your backyard. Boating is a good touch if you interested in doing that.

Monday, April 13, 2015

I live near there and hike there often. Worst place I have ever hiked with my dog ( on a leash ). People don't leash their dogs and I have to protect myself and my dog from from other dogs every time I walk there, one day 3 dogs off the leash came after us. I feel the need to carry a stick for protection. I would not recommend hiking there or walking there to anybody. Go somewhere else this place is unsafe for hiking or walking. I would not give this trail any stars.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Green Lane park is an amazing mix of walking trails, picnic areas, horse and hiking paths. Longer trails take you around the lake while short walking paths lead you around the beautiful wooded areas.
Great place to spend a few hours or a half day.
Nice to have a great place so local to Bucks County, PA.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

We just completed the Green Lane Reservoir Trails. It was a lot of fun and great exercise. My suggestion is to park in the lot off of Knight Rd. and start with the blue trail, then connect with the Perkiomen Trail. Take this to the Green connector trail, then to Red trail. You basically go around the entire reservoir. took about 5 hours with a few breaks. It is close to 15 miles or so.

Sunday, November 11, 2012