Greefenburg Hill and Conococheague Creek Loop Trail

Greefenburg Hill and Conococheague Creek Loop Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fayetteville, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I loved this trail. I did the charcoal hearth walk. It was challenging, but a lot of fun (I should mention that I'm 5'3" and weigh about 240, don't judge!). I would not recommend doing this trail after a re entry rain, it is slippery. This would have been a 5 star trail if there had been a view. But it is a really nice walk in the woods.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Thursday, March 10, 2016

This was my first time. Was more then I expected. Will definitely be go back for more.

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sunday, October 11, 2015

We walked the 2 mile Ramble trail. It was late in the day, so we didn't want to commit to something more than we needed to. This was perfect for that! Very flat, nice scenery, and the fall colors were coming through. If we had more time, we would have wanted more elevation change, but this is perfect for someone who wants a walk in the woods. The only drawback was the sound of the nearby road for pretty much the whole hike.

Monday, August 10, 2015

A great, moderate hike for beginning backpackers. Plenty of water sources and the most difficult parts are not that long. We hiked from Caledonia State Park up the AT and around the loop to Rocky knob trail where we camped the night. We then hiked back for a total of 14 miles. Going back to do the rest!

Monday, April 13, 2015

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Walked the 2.0 mile Ramble trail. It is very easy going and easy on the eyes. Highly recommended for those who want a walk in the woods without having to climb.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Took the charcoal hearth trail from the parking lot before you get to the park office. The hike was challenging, as it was pretty steep initially, but was beautiful! My dog appreciated the last leg of the trail which runs beside a little creek-she walked & played in it the entire way! I would definitely recommend this loop trail and will be back to explore others in the park!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

My favorite park in the area. Nice variety of trails from easy nature walks to the Appalachian trail head. Always nice to cook out and then hike near the streams and ponds. Great wildlife, too!

Sunday, April 21, 2013