Great Gorge Trail

Great Gorge Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Too crowded and confusing.

Nice hike out to cucumber falls will do this one again.

After some searching, I located the trailhead at the Cucumber picnic area. Near the beginning, a bridge is washed out so you do have to cross the stream. I enjoy doing that though! A little further, you'll cross a road and eventually end up at Cucumber Falls. From there, I'm not sure which way you're supposed to go. I walked down to the fall and then back up. There were two trails that lead up a hill, but neither were marked so I turned back as I had already been hiking for a few hours. The park service really needs to step up their game when it comes to marking their trails.

We started at Ohiopyle and went to Cucumber Falls, then Great Gorge, to Kentuck, to Johnathan Run, to GAP. It's about an 8 mile loop and beautiful! The last 2.8 miles is flat and easy.

Beautiful waterfall

nice and enjoyable. arrive early as later in the day can get crowded.
we will visit again.