Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Golden Eagle Trail is a 10.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cammal, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.6 miles Elevation Gain: 2,559 feet Route Type: Loop

Went with a few family members. We got to one vista and kept going until we got to a dirt road on the side and decided to come back. I'll definitely have to come back by myself and try this whole trail. Well kept and looks beautiful!

Awesome trail with beautiful vistas.

Beautiful trail. Well maintained. Several creek crossings but managed to keep dry feet. We had a beautiful day, but just managed to get clouds when we got to all the vistas. Lots of wild flowers out.

This was probably the most beautiful trail I've done in Pennsylvania. It has everything from streams, waterfalls, meadows, and even a little rock scramble! I did this the clockwise loop yesterday because I wanted to end up at Raven's horn a little before sunset which was perfect. It was definitely muddy and had a lot of stream crossings, also a lot of bugs but that stuff didn't bother us as we were prepared. Overall long hike but great hike

What a fantastic trail!! We hiked the day after it rained, which made for some awesome water crossings.. so much fun! Would highly recommend (: Also, there were red trillium for days

I must say, this trail offers a bit of everything. It’s been named Pennsylvania’s best day hike. I can see why & certainly agree. Dense forest, waterfalls, tons of bear & deer tracks (didn’t see either), and a timber rattlesnake. 10.6 miles 2,559 feet of elevation completed clockwise in 3:50.

Absolutely beautiful day!! Very surprised that we didn't pass any more people that we would on any other day. Lots of fun water crossings; never a shortage of water for our dog. Of course, with the water comes bugs, but they weren't too bad. We did this hike late afternoon ending at 5:30pm. We were th only ones on Raven's Horn and the sub was behind us. would highly recommend.

I love hiking but this was the worst hike of my life thus far. went clockwise and the elevation gains are literally straight up , up, up, up, up ... the first gain was rough as shit, then you have to do another which will make you feel like dying. Add the swarms of bugs, and you are now in total misery. had to force myself to keep going and not start fire and camp. this took us 6 hours, would've taken 7 if it weren't for the bugs pushing us to keep going to get away from them. bring a grayl water bottle so you can fill up at the streams every chance you get, that was the best item I brought. wish I was prepared for the bugs.

Loved this hike. We went CCW and took our time. Lots of beautiful spots on this hike. Will come back to do it CW.

Known as "The Best Day Hike in Pennsylvania" and it lives up to its name. This was my 3rd time doing it, this time I went CW and was able to save the real nice vista for last and it provided a nice little reward at the end. The trail has its own individual challenges whether you're going CW or CCW and it seems like its wet most of the year. so be prepared for wet feet. Even in mid-April there was snow on the ground in certain parts of the forest. Great hike, great vistas, one of my favorites. Definitely recommend!

icy

Great trail ... has everything from moving water, small falls, vistas and wooded areas ... I see why it’s often called the best day hike in PA.

icy

Great day hike! Wonderful vistas. A good workout.

We went counterclockwise.. with a good uphill first to the rock formations. Then back down switchbacks, then a long gradual back up along the brook to the top vistas. Going back down was a short downhill and then a pretty much flat trail along another brook. The bottom spur allows you to see the rock formations at the top, then back down for a shorter hike. Many rock hopping stream crossings, but no forging necessary. Rocks and views were great, but this is a tiring hike!

Hiked this Christmas day with my pup! Would definitely reccomend this for a winter hike. I did clockwise and yes, it's most definitely a workout so make sure you start off early in the day. Trekking poles are definitely necessary with the stream crossing and ascending and descending of course. I however did not have microspikes but definitely reccomend with the slippery snow and ice. Trail head is directly across road from parking area. I appreciate reviews with directions so that's where it starts! My 45lb dog did fantastic so as long as your dog is okay with multiple (many) stream crossings and steeper trails they'll do great!

Hiked again after 2 weeks... and it's an entirely different trail with a few days of rain. Wolf run and Bonnell run both had significantly more water making for numerous small beautiful waterfalls... but also more challenging creek crossings. The ascents/descents were also more slippery due to wet fallen leaves. Just an awesome hike.

Fantastic trail! Fall color kicking in... and perfect day for a hike. Did it counter-clockwise starting with the Raven's Horn. Saw exactly 1 other hiker. Will absolutely be back.

excellent challenging trail. I hiked counter clockwise, and went to the raven's horn first. steep climb and descent. Beautiful scenery