Gillespie Point

Gillespie Point is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Morris, Pennsylvania that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I have hiked this a ton of times since I was a kid. I love this mountain, the views are incredible. Check out my full write up along with some things to look out for.

Wow... quite exhausting on the way up... it kicked my butt. As soon as you think you’re at the top, there’s more to climb. The view makes it so worth it though! If you do the loop you can turn right when you intersect with the old logging path to cut off some time or continue following the blazes and turn right when you hit the gravel road (Big Run Rd). The road does seem to go on forever though. Also, the loop was closer to 4 miles for me. It’s well marked, I’ll definitely be back.

When you reach the road stay on it. Wish it was marked better at the road.

Amazing hike and view! We did it in about 2 hours with 8 inches of snow in the ground.

Amazing view!

Great view at the top. about 1000 feet of elevation is right in the first mile. nothing too steep tho. Completed 3.6 miles in just over an hour

Nice view at the top. The trail was a little confusing at the end. Don't go down the steps and just stay on the road and everything will work out.

Friday, October 17, 2014