Furnace Creek Trail to Pinnacle Trail Loop is a 8.3 mile loop trail located near Edenburg, Pennsylvania that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Top's view is so amazing.

Decided to do this hike today on a beautiful fall day- so did about 100 other people. It was crowded, but still this trail is beautiful. First time on it. We decided to bear right and go to Pulpit first, which was a great idea to avoid a steep descent at the end when the dog and I were tired. The trail description should definitely include rocky- the entire trail is rocks of some variety. Significant leaf cover slowed the pace a little too. However, the viewpoints are great and the walk along the Furnace Creek Trail was peaceful and pretty and a great way to end the walk.

This was a lovey little hike, but I’m not sure it was worth the crowds. Barely anywhere to stand at the Pinnacle to see the views (pulpit was a little less crowded). It really is breathtaking, but be forewarned that you will be sharing it with dozens of others all trying to eat their lunch and take photos. We went counter clockwise and those boulders between pulpit and pinnacle are no joke. Definitely a hike you need sturdy boots with ankle support for, and I’d avoid in the rain. Hiking back down after the Pinnacle was much flatter, and it ends along the stream and at the watershed. If you have a chance to do this hike on a weekday, aim for that! Also- my recording ending up being 8.9 miles. I think the 8.3 on here is just for the loop section, not the walk to get to the loop.

A moderate hike which rewards you with amazing views from the Pulpit and the Pinnacle. Highly recommend you hike to the Pinnacle to catch the sunset, truly beautiful. Probably one of the top 5 best hikes in east PA. Few camping spots at the top but camping is not allowed and the rangers are known to patrol this very popular hike so i wouldnt recommend doing an overnight. Also no overnight parking in the lot, when I went to do a sunset hike I left a sign on my car stating as such and received no problems. Hike gets very crowded but me and my group were the only ones on the trail for our sunset hike.

With two great views, this is definitely worth doing again. Had started with going up to Pulpit Rock and then The Pinnacle to get the ascent out of the way and then was pretty easy hike/walk rest of the way back with nice stream along Furnace Creek Trail (old gravel road).