Frick Park Tour Loop Trail

Frick Park Tour Loop Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A nice trail in an urban park. Some parts are surprisingly secluded from the city. However, the trail is very confusing and could use more signs for navigation.

Nice park. Trails are well kept. Lots of dogs enjoying the outdoors. The trails can get confusing though and what I thought was gong to be a couple miles of hiking ended up being 8 miles and thee hours.

love the trail. Make sure to download a map before the start of your hike. there's a lot interlinking trails which could be a bit confusing. I come here with my boxador and make a pit stop at the dog park.

Great time with our chocolate lab, Winston. Next time we will challenge ourselves a little more. One warning, bikers were a little aggressive on the narrower parts, not sure I'd wear earbuds and not be able to hear them.

D

First time to Frick Park. Enjoyed the hike, spent a fair amount of time making sure I was on the right Trail. I will go to Frick Park again.

Challenging, especially along Commercial street. Watch for cyclists.

nice

Fun trail.

A great chill place with options.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

This was my go-to park when I lived in Pittsburgh.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Stopped here on a drive home from Pittsburgh and had a great walk. Plenty of trails to get lost on. Plenty of parking and very clean wheelchair friendly bathroom.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Love this park. Trails are very relaxed and it is possible to take a sturdy stroller on most of them.

Friday, November 25, 2016

I live within walking distance so I'm here a couple times a week. Really nice spot for urban hiking, frequently see wildlife. Also a good cut through when walking between Pittsburgh's East End neighborhoods.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Nice trail.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Nice trails. My black lab and I went in the rain. The car is a little worse for wear.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Great nature walk. Needed some time out of the city. Gorgeous vegetation. Leaves are just beginning to turn. One could wander for hours!

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Beautiful park with many lovely trails.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

An absolute gem. You can't go wrong with Frick Park. I love mountain bike trails on slow days. You forget you're in the city.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Decent trail, good for long runs but can get real busy

Friday, May 20, 2016

It was a nice trail but without a map of the location you will get lost due to the number of interlinking trails

Monday, May 09, 2016

Nice trail just outside of the city. Easy enough to hike with kids. Lots of dogs enjoying the trail. Explored some water elements just off the trail. Good amount of easy incline.

But pick up your trash Pittsburgh! Poor trail was littered with garbage.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Enjoyed by many dogs and their humans. Many options for biking, running, steep climbs, or leisurely walks.

Friday, October 09, 2015

Really Pretty, not far from Downtown Pittsburgh, Nice Dog Park

Saturday, July 11, 2015

It's quite a beautiful series of trails that make you forget you're in the city especially if you pop in your earbuds & put some Dead on. A couple places you can see the road/hear traffic but, the rest of the trail makes up for that. While this trail is rated as easy - I found it to be rather strenuous as there's quite a bit of incline on the trails & the Mosquitos were next level vicious. All in all, I had fun, got my heart pumping & would definitely come back as there are several different trails left to explore. Before you go check the map & decide which forks to take.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Great trail! Your right in the city but you can hardly tell. Tons of great hiking trails and extremely dog friendly. I've hiked tons of places in Pittsburgh and this is still my favorite.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Great trail in the middle of Pitt and CMU. You can just picture the horses and carriages on the old bridges. Great for a run in the morning.

Saturday, January 04, 2014

Great park! I'm new to the Pittsburgh area so this was a great find. I love how it's so close to the city yet it has the feel of being in the wilderness. Nice variety for all levels.