French Trail

French Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Elverson, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from December until February. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Some views, quiet woods, lots of up & down, interesting rock formation This hike explores most of the trails in the eastern portion of Pennsylvania's French Creek State Park. Before hitting the trailhead, I recommend visiting the Park's main office (accessible from the South Entrance, off PA 345, a couple miles before the trailhead) for a trail map. Miller's point, an easily climbable rock formation affords limited views of the Schuylkill River valley only in the winter and early spring before the foliage reappears. Many of these trails are also shared with mountain bikers, so be alert. Although there were a fair number of other hikers and bikers one unseasonably warm March weekend, my companion and I did find a reasonable amount of seclusion, considering the proximity of several major metropolitan population centers. This hike was moderately difficult due to the constant up and down of the topography. I consider this to be a tasty appetizer to the coming hiking season.

kinda a boring trail. bugs attacked my fave the whole entire time. some of the trail is a little rocky and with the leaves covering them, you could definitely hurt your ankles.

It was awesome!... Except for the bugs that were bothering me the whole time, even I wore repellent

Amazing trail ! So much to see and discover with all the art on the rocks and huge rocks you can sit on in the creek.

Nice

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I did a partial hike of this trail on an unseasonably warm mid-December Saturday afternoon and only encountered a handful of people. I started at Scotts Run Lake and did about four miles. Nice trail, mostly flat with a couple small hills - nothing notable but time spent in the woods is time well-spent in my opinion, so I was happy to be there!

Tuesday, March 29, 2016