Forbidden Drive

Forbidden Drive is a 5.3 mile point-to-point trail located near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, and mountain biking.

Distance: 5.3 miles Elevation Gain: 127 feet Route Type: Point to Point

partially paved

This place was utter mayham with bikers joggers and people with off leash dogs, I left as soon as a dog fight broke out its too packed here this is really in Philly

Beautifully serene. Took the hike with my dog. The trail was very well maintained.

Trail was ok. This is more of a walking road next to a creek, with lots of bikers. Look forward to exploring some of the other trails.

Trail is ok. Not much diversity. Flat, wide gravel path thats always full of people. Bikers constantly flying past you. A good path for a stroll, but not really a hiking path. Hike the trails on the eastern side for more rugged terrain and less people.

recorded Forbidden Drive

Some fairly rocky parts which I enjoyed on my mountain bike. My two issues with this trail were the large mounds of horse shit and the amount of trash near the parking lots closer to Lincoln Dr. Next time I’ll probably only do the first half of the trail starting from W Northwestern Ave.

We took a new loop and the Wises Hill Rd connection does not exist. You can see where we doubled back a few times since we thought we just missed the turn. Lovely trail regardless.

Lovely trail. Moderate difficulty.

recorded Forbidden Drive