Flat Rock Loop Trail

Flat Rock Loop Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lower Mifflin Township, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Tough hike with a nice view at the end. The trail starts near the amphitheater area of Colonel Denning State Park. Wear good boots, and bring plenty of water this hike is a workout.

Amazing view of The Cumberland Valley on a clear day. Around mid June there is a large section of blooming mountain laurel mid way on the hike. It’s like walking through a pink cloud.

Trail was in good condition. It has some long strenuous stretches but well worth the view in the end. I will not do this trail in the summer as I hate snakes. But November is awesome.

Beautiful view at the top!

Hiked this today. Absolutely beautiful Vista. Well marked trails.

Rewarding view!

Definitely a good workout for a gorgeous view at the end.

Great Hike. Bring lots of water because you are hiking up the whole way. I would say this is a moderate trail. I'm glad we didn't bring our toddler. It would have been difficult with her on our backs or walking. The view was breath taking ❤

A grand view awaits you after a rough and Ricky uphill climb.

I've done this hike twice now. I regret it every time until I get to the top. Worth it.