Evansburg Horse Trail

Evansburg Horse Trail is a 7.1 mile loop trail located near Collegeville, Pennsylvania that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Collegeville, PA: Take Germantown Pike south a few miles to reach the park. Turn left on Skippack Creek Road. Just a short distance down the road on the left, you will see Equestrian Trailhead Parking.

This trail was beautiful and really fun. The only complaint I have is having to cross the Shippack Creek which got my feet soaked for the rest of the trail.

Very hard trail to follow. A decent park though with some nice views of the creek. Ended up walking a bunch of random trails and jumping on and off the loop trail shown for this hike.

Found the horse trail incredibly difficult to follow, almost no markings and never at the many path intersections. Constantly checking my phone to make sure I was still on the trail detracted from the enjoyment of being out in nature.

well it is January.... the path was muddy and had lots of horse dropping too. but other than that a nice walk

Great hike and a beautiful day to start 2017. Challenging and peaceful throughout the entire year.

Definitely on the easier side. If you do the Horse trail watch out for horse turds. It was cold today so they were all frozen. Also, if you plan on doing the entire Horse trail as a loop you do have to cross a large creek which I would have done in a warmer weather. No worries, you can hike up the road to a bridge and cross the stream. It's not far and there was a very defined trail on the over side that led right back to the trail. I certainly wasn't the first to do that.

Beautiful scenery I would consider this easy not moderate

I just moved to the area so I wanted to check out the park. I wasn't able to find the actual trail until the end of my run. Once I did, I really enjoyed it. When I first started I ran on a pseudo trail around the fields. Beautiful views but no where to really go and high grass. I'll definitely go back now that I know where the actual trail is and out down some miles.

Came here with great company and has a blast. The trails were moderate, but were a ton of fun due to the small footing challenge.
There was a whole lot of horses all over the trails back in Evansburg.
Be careful for horse poop...especially along this trial!
The water appeared very clear and the dog had a blast putting her feet into the water.
Unfortunately, the camera had lost battery so we were unable to take any pictures...we will have to go back again because the park was stunning.

Monday, April 04, 2016

A quiet trail with beautiful scenery. The path gets pretty muddy when it rains so make sure you wear adequate shoes.

Friday, March 18, 2016