Eliza Furnace Trail

Eliza Furnace Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rails trails

5 stars as an easy and safe way to bike/walk commute downtown. But I wouldn't recommend coming here specifically to see the trail. Paved, not very interesting.

Friday, June 03, 2016

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Perfect bike riding trail!

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Saturday, May 19, 2012

We went today and have a few suggestions. Great place to bike, flat running, walking. It's not hiking all paths are concrete.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I guess if you are stuck living in the city then this is a good place to exercise. It's all paved and easy to bike, run or walk. Roller bladed it years ago. I found it to be a highly stressful place though. A good portion of it runs right along rt 376 or Baum Blvd (or something? I don't know the names of all those roads near the city) It was interesting to end up at the Allegheny County Jail on 1st or 2nd ave. We actually saw some faces looking out at us from the tiny windows -- we waved...