Elephant Trail

Elephant Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Perkasie, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 144 feet Route Type: Loop

This is mostly a horse riding trail. It’s a nice loop for exercise, but not exactly what I would call fun. You have to spend a good deal of time looking down to avoid stepping in horse dung. Not complaining, just wish I had known in advance. I would have selected another trail to walk.

the trail was a little boggy in the first hundred yards. other than that, really pretty landscape for a close- to-home Trail.

Definitely enjoyed the short little loop I did! I want to come back and hike the whole thing! Maybe when it's not so muddy.

Sun Oct 14 2018

I would do it again but definitely when the ground dries! Today I sank up to my ankles in the mud, so I wouldn't go right after any good amount of rainfall. also this an area of hunting be sure to one stay on the path red dots and signs help to guide you but also wear some orange or at least bright colors for you and your pets. I would love to do this trail on horse back its very pretty even when it's a muddy mess. I will also say if you're not very comfortable going alone don't most parts are like a deer trail path not a stone path like alot of trails I've been on.

Mon Jul 23 2018