Double Run Nature Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Forksville, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 314 feet Route Type: Loop

1.2-mile loop, more difficult hiking with short, steep sections. White rectangle with green stripe blazes. This trail begins and ends on PA 154 across from the park chapel. It travels trough rich, fertile woodlands along the west branch of Double Run stream.

This is a beautiful trail with a lot of waterfalls and hiking along the creek for the water lovers. It's a very relaxing hike listening to the water. I wouldn't call this "easy", there are some steep climbs, probably more miserable, but it's short. It is really a beautiful trail. The outdoor church was adorable right at the parking lot.

Great trail. Personally I’d recommend not going counterclockwise. That’s my opinion. Very beautiful and nice little falls. I would recommend updating some of the bridges but other than that you will have a great time

This was a great trail the falls are awesome. However I would definitely rate this as Moderate and I question the elevation gain I believe it is higher then 314 feet. All in all great 2 mile hike.

This is one of my favorite trails! Very scenic throughout and a perfect hike with older kids. This trail has many swimming holes and small waterfalls to be enjoyed in the summer.

The trail to the falls is short and beautiful. It was rocky and muddy so bring old shoes. We loved it!

Beautiful trail and scenery along the way. Easier to go counter clockwise on the loop.

Did this trail after a fresh snow, absolutely beautiful!

private property

Lots of leaves right now made things a little slippy, but they do help block the large amount of mud that is everywhere on the trail. The water was running great and it made the waterfalls along the way look very cool. I would recommend counterclockwise, and the lollipop was around 2.25 miles on my garmin and my friends apple watch; which doesn't match the reported distance, so maybe that needs an update. Would take others again for sure!

Great trail to hike for waterfalls. The trail does have a steep climb up the mountain but the waterfalls along the trail are totally worth it. If you like waterfalls you have to hike this trail.

very beautiful. fast, took 5 year old and baby and it was fine

Beautiful waterfall views

I would recommend this trail if you like water falls . My kids and I try to take this hike every time we come camping at worlds end state park . This trail is not to long and does have some steep parts but the falls make up for it .

Sat Apr 20 2019

great hike it rain Parkway through but it cold me off the Sun then came out had a lot of fun

Sun Dec 23 2018

Beautiful short trail. I would rate it on the easier end of moderate even though it was wet and slippery on the stairs and bridges when I was there. Just take your time and consider your footing.

Thu Dec 20 2018

Awesome hike! with waterfalls! Nice elevation change. If the water is high enough there is even a spot to go for a little swim in the creek about a quarter mike in.

Fri Sep 21 2018

Spectacular, easy hike with many cascades and waterfalls which were even more spectacular because of recent rains! Kid friendly trail and I recommend a counter clockwise hike! Enjoy, it’s worth the effort!

Tue Jul 31 2018

If you like waterfalls, this trail is for YOU! There are so many of them and they’re beautiful! Cottonwood Falls surely is the most impressive, but the others are no less remarkable to see. For the short length of this trail, it really packs a lot of excitement! One of my favorites!

Sun Jul 22 2018

A favorite hike, spring, summer or fall. Double Run stream is really beautiful, with a couple of especially lovely small falls on the way to Cottonwood Falls. And some of the rocks/boulders in the stream are great places to simply sit (or lie) for a while, enjoying the sublime beauty and serenity of this special place. While there are a few steep stretches, I do not consider this a 'hard' hike, and I'm in my 60s and not in the best shape.

Mon Jul 16 2018

Fun loop with cool waterfalls, steep at some parts though

Fri Jul 13 2018

Nice short hike, pretty cool waterfall. Steep at times stairs along the way. I would recommend walking counter clock wise.

Sat Jun 30 2018

Great challenging trail. Very well marked. Sprinkled with a few small waterfalls. Loved it!

Sun May 27 2018

Great learning hike for the kids with short steep and technical sections, stairs and bridges. Also used the several trail intersections and overlaps for lessons with the blazes and map reading. All rewarded with small beautiful falls.

Mon Oct 09 2017

Challenging little loop with good views of the creek and some falls. Slippery when wet. Made this into a four-mile loop starting at the visitor center by going up the LT/Worlds End trail, crossing the road, doing the double run loop, then coming back on the Link Trail.

Thu Jul 06 2017

it's short but the waterfall makes this trail excellent. You hike along the creek part of the trail and then there is a steep climb. Overall is it a great hike. Very beautiful area!!!