Double Run Trail

Double Run Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Forksville, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and walking.

1.2-mile loop, more difficult hiking with short, steep sections. White rectangle with green stripe blazes. This trail begins and ends on PA 154 across from the park chapel. It travels trough rich, fertile woodlands along the west branch of Double Run stream.

Challenging little loop with good views of the creek and some falls. Slippery when wet. Made this into a four-mile loop starting at the visitor center by going up the LT/Worlds End trail, crossing the road, doing the double run loop, then coming back on the Link Trail.

it's short but the waterfall makes this trail excellent. You hike along the creek part of the trail and then there is a steep climb. Overall is it a great hike. Very beautiful area!!!

This is a great, short, somewhat steep hike. Done it a few times and plan to do it more. Really pretty, easy to get to and from, quick but still gets you some hard work especially for those of us trying to get back into hiking shape.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Nice for a short hike. Starts with a slight uphill climb shortly into the hike followed by a very scenic downhill loop along the stream which contains a small (about 7ft) waterfall and a few cascades. I recorded the track at 1.46mi.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Friday, August 22, 2014

Sunday, July 27, 2014

This is a great, short trail with lots to see. The water is especially pretty (and cold which we discovered when I dropped my phone into it!). Highly recommended for a quick hike!

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

This is one of our favorite trails. We took our 3, 7 and 11 year olds and they did fine although I wouldn't recommend doing this one without a child carrier for the little ones ( I carried the 3 year old in the backpack) It's a beautiful trail with a lot of ankle to knee deep creek stomping for the kids. There are some pretty steep climbs and steep downhill areas on this trail but the beautiful waterfalls are worth it. Once you cross the creek you can turn right for an easier hike or left for the steep climb. I have also taken the right and hiked up and back the same way to avoid the steepest part of the loop to the left.