Dehart Dam Loop

Dehart Dam Loop is a 8.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Spechty Kopf, Pennsylvania that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Awesome stream crossing, but hard to find my first time there. I ended up wading through the water instead because I didn't know where the wire bridge was located. Easy to get lost without a GPS but a very much untouched and pristine hike. No spectacular view at the top, but the rock scramble and exciting scenery along the way make it well worth the journey. I do wish the trailhead was better marked.

Great workout and good adventure. Difficult crossing streams after rain, and A little confusing around water crossings but the trails are well marked so keep looking. Trail head marked by a red A. Red to blue to white to blue to red.

overall the hike was pretty good. pretty steep uphill if you start this trail heading east then south. biggest complaint was when you're on the blue trail heading towards the AT, after you crest the hill and head down through the woods the blue trail went into about a 15-20 foot wide section of Rausch creek. we couldn't cross it so we went up stream to cross and then couldn't find the trail again even with GPS. after about 30 minutes of bush whacking we found the AT and the rest of the hike was nice.

Made a left instead of a right at some point and encountered some steep hills. Was a great challenge. I pulled my partial dentures out and placed them in my pocket for a moment and ended up losing them. If you see some teeth on the ground scoop em up and I'll reward you handsomely.. Lol

Great hike! Lots to explore! Sand Springs, Mine vents and the General

got mega lost somehow. fun until then ,ha

This was a fun hike! Even in the rain. The wire bridge was a little tricky to find and the trail needs a bit of love but it was well marked. Red to blue to white to blue to red. Go check out the General!

A very tuff trail in certain spots, watering hole at the top is crystal clear and cold on a hot summers day, this one was a gasser for me and the girl. Great scenery and history.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016