For a limited time only, save 30% on a year of AllTrails Pro!
Get Started
Learn more

Deer Lakes Purple and White Trail Loop is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tarentum, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 3.0 mi Elevation gain 295 ft Route type Loop

Photos (65)
Recordings (40)
Completed (98)
Amanda Llesna
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 30, 2020
Hiking

Not well marked. Ended up walking down lots of open grassy areas. Often times I was questioning if we were going the right way. The highlight was definitely the pond. TONS of poison ivy along this trail also.

Adrienne Schierer
HikingBugsOver grown

I agree with a lot of the other reviews that the bugs and the trail being overgrown and difficult to follow made it a lot less enjoyable. Despite using bug spray I got bit a few times. I did hear some birds singing a few times and the blues sky was beautiful, but overall I couldn’t wait to get back to my car. Probably won’t come back.

View Adrienne's Recording
Octavia Ice
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 18, 2020
HikingBugs
View Octavia's Recording
ChristiAnne Proctor-Homan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 6, 2020
HikingBugsMuddy
View ChristiAnne's Recording
Airon Dela Cruz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 10, 2019
HikingFloodedOver grown
View Airon's Recording
Christian Armocida
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 28, 2019
HikingMuddyRocky

nice hiking trails. fairly well marked but even if you lose your trail it's not hard to find another.

View Christian's Recording
Karen Matviko
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarOctober 4, 2019
Hiking

Beautiful park but signs for trail entrances were non-existent. Will prob not return for hiking.

Heather Blake
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 10, 2019
HikingBugsOver grown

This wasn’t my favorite trail. I won’t be going back. I can’t tell you how many spider webs I ran into. The only part I enjoyed was when we got to the lake/pond, which didn’t last long. The trails are not clearly marked. The only reason I didn’t get lost was because of this app. I took my dog with me but with how overgrown it was I wish I didn’t. All I could think of was how many ticks I was going to find on both of us.

Jeremy Uhric
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 2, 2019
HikingBugs
View Jeremy's Recording
Chef Bill Fuller
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 27, 2019
HikingSnow
View Chef Bill's Recording
Bill Z.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 1, 2018

about 1/3 the hike is following deer trails.

David Loeffert
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 12, 2018

Bugs, bugs, and more bugs. Explains all the spider webs. Won't be returning.

Justin Delecki
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 29, 2018
Hiking

Trail is easy to follow, but long pants and sleeves are necessary due to overgrown trail conditions. Not a good walk for dogs due to risk of tick bites.

David Sowinski
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 3, 2018

ride here regularly have to connect loops butit is pretty well marked with new signs and blazes. not as crowded like north park

Hei Hei
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 28, 2017
Hiking

This trail is not At all well marked and I couldn't even find the trail despite my best effort. At the start of the trail head there is an old Trail head marker knocked over that says Bridle trails but that one is so grown over it's not really accessible. Frustrating!

Coryn Neff
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 8, 2017

Unless Google took me to the wrong place, the actual trail only lasted maybe 1/2 mile. And that 1/2 mile was very hilly, gravely, and full of holes. After that that, the trail split. I chose the wrong split twice before turning around, 2 dead ends.... the other split was a road. If I wanted to ride on a road I'd walk out my front door.... I wanted a trail... that was not a trail worth going back to at all....

Elena Tate
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 23, 2016
Hiking

We did this last year with family. It is such a nice, well kept park.

Debs Crawford
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 16, 2016

beautiful area

Lisa Lisa Garland
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 30, 2016
Hiking

My favorite park for over 20 years; there are many trails and we hike them all year through sun. mud and snow.

Alan Bourne
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 28, 2015
Hiking

Very pleasant. My friends who live here walk in this park often and were nice enough to share it. It was a beautiful November day but we ran out of daylight.

Bethany Leigh
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 27, 2015
Hiking

This is one of my favorite place to hike close to my home - I have been here and photographed during every season multiple times and every time It's a spirit re-freshener - My favorite thing is to hike around the upper lake and through the trails that is a frisbee golf course. I bring my dog here when it's not too cold and she loves sniffing out where where the geese have been. This is a clean and safe park - There is a waterfall at the corner of the park and a play place for kids. It's one of my favorite go to's.

Zak Schweitzer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 10, 2013
Mountain biking
First to Review

Very fun trails. A little technical in some spots which makes for a fun ride.

Joseph Steibel
Gray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 31, 2020
View Joseph's Recording
Veronica Tschudi
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 25, 2020
View Veronica 's Recording
Brent Cutright
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 23, 2020
View Brent's Recording