Deer Lakes Park Trail

Deer Lakes Park Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Tarentum, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is not At all well marked and I couldn't even find the trail despite my best effort. At the start of the trail head there is an old Trail head marker knocked over that says Bridle trails but that one is so grown over it's not really accessible. Frustrating!

Unless Google took me to the wrong place, the actual trail only lasted maybe 1/2 mile. And that 1/2 mile was very hilly, gravely, and full of holes. After that that, the trail split. I chose the wrong split twice before turning around, 2 dead ends.... the other split was a road. If I wanted to ride on a road I'd walk out my front door.... I wanted a trail... that was not a trail worth going back to at all....

We did this last year with family. It is such a nice, well kept park.

beautiful area

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday, April 30, 2016

My favorite park for over 20 years; there are many trails and we hike them all year through sun. mud and snow.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Very pleasant. My friends who live here walk in this park often and were nice enough to share it. It was a beautiful November day but we ran out of daylight.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

This is one of my favorite place to hike close to my home - I have been here and photographed during every season multiple times and every time It's a spirit re-freshener - My favorite thing is to hike around the upper lake and through the trails that is a frisbee golf course. I bring my dog here when it's not too cold and she loves sniffing out where where the geese have been. This is a clean and safe park - There is a waterfall at the corner of the park and a play place for kids. It's one of my favorite go to's.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Very fun trails. A little technical in some spots which makes for a fun ride.

Sunday, March 24, 2013