Copperhead Trail

Copperhead Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Danville, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a well maintained trail by Geisinger Hospital.

A nice walk through the woods. Most elevation change happens in the first half mile. We saw deer and other wildlife. The hike took us 1 hour 20 min

My "go to" trail when I don't have much time for a long hike. The trail is pretty well maintained but I've come across quite a few fallen trees that I have to climb over. There's a couple (2 or 3) spots where the trail is not clearly marked. Orange blazes suddenly change to yellow then back to orange. I basically make all left turns at these intersections and have never had any trouble finding my way.

It's a nice trek through some wooded area. Hiking difficulty is moderate. Nothing crazy spectacular but still fun.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

I love this trail I have been riding for about 2 years now and I have not been let down at all!!!

Saturday, August 20, 2016

great trail!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Friday, April 29, 2016

There are about 10 miles of trail if you loop around. Great workout. Not too scenic

Monday, March 28, 2016

Monday, March 07, 2016

I go to these trails a lot with my boyfriend or Jack Russell Murphy. They're really great for a workout or just to get outside for the day. I park at the lot behind Geisinger and walk up the one way road to the trailhead. I usually go to the first trailhead but if you walk a little further there is a second one and additional parking. These trails can be great for mountain biking and have had friends rave about them before. Some restoration is being done on some trails so the Rattlesnake trail for instance is a little confusing because of trail blaze rearrangement. But other than that super fun and right in town! Thanks to Geisinger Stewardship!

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

This is a nice, shorter trail to hike near Danville hospital. It is well kept so you won't be walking through a lot of brush. I would've given it 5 stars but there are a number of offshoots and side trails which can make it confusing(some of the turns aren't marked well so it's easy to get lost). If you're the adventurous type taking the side trails can lead to a more enjoyable hiking experience!