Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Canyon Vista Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Forksville, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.9 miles Elevation Gain: 754 feet Route Type: Loop

This a great loop trail, especially if you are staying at the family campground, as it basically starts and ends at the campground. There is also a little shortcut to the campground at the point where the trail dips down to the road by the Loyalsock Creek, which cuts about 3/4 mile off the loop and gets you back for lunch for your hungry gang!

5/24/2020. R. AMC. Great workout... a lot of up hill. Great views... a lot of up hill. Cool rocks formations.

Really enjoyed this trail! It has a little bit of everything and gave me a decent workout. The Vista view is the best of the ones the park has to offer. Dog friendly too. If you can only do one trail in the park I'd recommend this one.

We absolutely loved this trail. We started near the camping area and hiked it counterclockwise. It starts out with a climb that gets your heart pumping. Levels out for awhile, then climbs again to the vista. After the vista, it's a bit of up and down...then down you go with some longer switchbacks. We got a little confused as to which way the trail went when we came to the ravine floor, but stuck with Alltrails navigation which kept us on track. The last leg of the trail runs along the creek (would be nice to dip in on a hot day). This trail had beautiful foliage, huge boulders to walk on or between, vistas, numerous spots with water running in tiny streams across the trail and lastly the creek. The trail was very well groomed. Can't wait to go back!

Great Hike and we'll marked. Steep at some parts

Great trail: very muddy right now, but still beautiful! The end was not well marked by the creek after hiking the majority of the trail. Otherwise perfect

Fun trail with great views. I went hiking with my 60 year father and we had a great time. Canyon views are beautiful and finishing up by the river was the perfect ending. We did take our time, it was slick due to snow melting.

Went counter clockwise and took several breaks just to enjoy the scenery. Variety of nature settings. Logged 5 miles but included random off trail exploration. Moderate inclines. Great trail, well maintained.

I'd say this Trail has a lot to offer. there are plenty of breathtaking rock formations to crawl on and under, beautiful waterfalls, and several amazing Vistas. this is a must hike Trail. it took me a little under 5 hours to complete, but there was much stopping and picture taking along the way.

Great trail! Some very interesting places to explore along the way!

Fantastic trail. Superb view and just an overall fantastic and peaceful hike through the woods of Pennsylvania. My fiancée and I absolutely loved it. Wonderful way to spend an afternoon. Only wish we would have gone about 2 weeks earlier for the leaves changing colors. By the time we got there the leaves had mostly fallen. The view was still incredible.

What a great way to spend an afternoon! it's hard to beat this trail with all it's diverse terrain! it had everything from inclines, to switchbacks, to rocky sections to gi-normous rocks you could hike in between (or over if you really wanted!)and just enough nice easy trails to give you a chance to breathe in between! The overlooks at Canyon Vista and Warren's Window were gorgeous-especially this time of the year with the leaves changing! And if the 4 mile loop isn't enough for you, you can add on the additional 1.5 Cold Run Trail! we will definitely be back -there are lots more trails to hike!

nice trail..moderate is about right....only one real view to speak of and walk along creek is nice. Solid Workout. Glad I did it

Perfect day Saturday. We went counterclockwise and finished the trail in a little under 2 hours.

started the hike at 8:45am no one on trail except my cousin and I. enjoyed the peace. great hike

Was a fun trail lots of boulders. Didn’t realize a road ran up to the vista so it was kind of a let down when we almost reached the vista we could hear cars. Cheaters

I drove 2.5 hours to get here, and boy, was it worth it. The woman at the park office desk recommended the Cold Run Trail along the way (yellow blazes), a 1.5 mile spur to make it about a 5 mile loop hike. The Canyon Vista Trail was very well marked with blue blazes, and there was a nice variety of inclines, including some pretty steep spots, to keep me engaged. There were some beautiful outlooks, including Warren's Window and the Canyon Vista. The last bit of the hike took me along the road, back to the Family Campground, where I had parked in an unpaved lot. I went on a Thursday at 10 AM, and saw nobody else on the trail. Very peaceful, beautiful hike. Absolutely download the map or get one from the park office before you go if you like to have a map on your hikes, because I had no Verizon service for miles.

I really enjoyed this trail. It was moderate with s few tricky areas but there was a variety of terrain and it was a rewarding trip to the vista. I will definitely be back and will add the spur. It was a nice workout and quite enjoyable. The trail was one of the best marked I have seen which was awesome. Worth my two hour drive to get there for sure!

Great trail with varied views: overlook, boulders, elevation changes, etc. Was slightly slippery at times since stream runs over trail at times. Would recommend!

Good hiking day! Trail is wet in spots from the rain and minimal trees down on trail. I’d do this hike again and again.

Sat Apr 27 2019

Overall a great trail. My first time out this year and my first time with my son and daughter. Used Worlds End State Park as a base camp and hiked with our packs to begin our backpacking adventures. Even with heavy downpours the day before the trail was mostly dry. Took an additional spur on Link Trail/Loyalsock Trail and reconnected back to Canyon Vista to extend the hike. Beautiful scenery along the river.

Sun Apr 14 2019

This was a very fun and varied trail! We really enjoyed it. Lots of huge rocks to climb on, a fairly moderate elevation change, lots of mountain streams (went in spring), nice vista & a cool, rocky creek. Totally recommend. It was nice & quiet and free from a lot of people on a perfectly awesome April Saturday. As others have said, there is a lot of natural beauty to take in, so leave a little bit of extra time to enjoy it and not rush. Oh, if you’re a map person either download one from here prior to the trip, or pick one up @ the Park office as there was no cell service for AT&T. It’s certainly not needed because it’s extremely well blazed but if you like to orient yourself I would recommend it.

Sat Apr 13 2019

Wow, I enjoyed every minute of this hike. Take your time. Looks at the beautiful surroundings. Used multiple different trails and my worlds end loop taking in multiple sites in in one if multiple hikes to come this weekend.

Sat Apr 06 2019

A new favorite trail for its incredible variety and challenge in only a few short miles. Be forewarned that this is no stroll in the park, the elevation changes are aggressive and at times hazardous but it is well marked and recently cleared. definitely take the cold spring spur, it is well worth it and does double back into the trail.