Camelback Mountain Loop Trail

Camelback Mountain Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

scenic driving

the 'upper' South trail is well cropped providing a large path, while the 'lower' South trail is not. i pulled about 20-30 ticks off of my pants today. not exaggerating either. ugh. love the upper trails though, great hiking prep for the AT.

Great hike, saw a bear

A good hike that we enjoyed with a 5 and 8 yr old. We drove to the top of Camelback and parked in lot#2. We found a nice trail map and followed the signs to Vista Tr., which lead us to South Tr. We branched off South Tr. to North Tr. to end our 3.5 mile hike. It was a nice combination of easy decline, rocky trails and the end of North Tr. had a more challenging steep climb. The trail wasn’t that well marked and even with the trial map, we had to make a few guesses on the route to take. Overall a nice hike but a little confusing on the path at points.

Nice, laid back hike! Great views, a few different trails nearby also worth checking out.

Since you can drive to the top, that took a bit away from the majesty of this hike opportunity. Well maintained, nice and easy track. I wouldn't call this moderate. Probably wouldn't do this hike again.

We love walking here with our family and dogs. The scenery is breathtaking.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Rocky but it's a good run.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Love this place the view is amazing. Wish it was longer

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Did it last Fall of 2014. First day we did Hickory Run, second day this Big Pocono. Enjoyable get away.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Great view! Trails a little short, but it's good for a day hike. Lots of fresh wild berries in the summer

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Not accessible! There's a sign of "Road Closed" and no further information available. So we turned back.

Friday, October 23, 2015

Beautiful views

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Great views. Good variety of terrains from clear trail to rocky.

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Had a blast on this hike, awesome views and generally easy trails. Well marked and cared for trails, will definetly be back in the fall.

Monday, August 10, 2015

beautiful views absolutely loved it. I just wish we could have at least seen deer or something. I would come back anytime.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Great hike. Beautiful views. Bring charcoal and burgers for an after hike meal. Nice grilling stations set up near the parking areas. If you are a camper this is a great area to spend some time in.

Saturday, November 01, 2014

I lost an important necklace on the trail yesterday, Oct 31st. Gold chain with a diamond pendant. Offering a reward if you find it. Write back on this trail.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

My husband and I hiked the north and part of the south trails. A lot of the trails crisscross each other so we got sidetracked. We hiked in the morning and the bugs were crazy and normally bugs leave me alone - spray yourself. Pretty trails, some steep parts, some flat parts, overall a nice mix of terrain.

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Great views! I did part of the South trail and it was very easy, more like a nature walk than a hike. I wish I could have done more but by the time I found a trail it the the middle of the trail. I was confused at first bc this app doesn't seem to take me to accurate starting points and doesn't have the map for the specific trails. If you get lucky when you get there, you can get a trail map. I didn't come across a map until the end of the hike when I passed a different parking lot but having a map will make my next visit better.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Beautiful! On the mountains!

Monday, October 22, 2012

Nice ride to the top of Big Pocono. The view is very nice. Good for bird watching.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Came across this on a NASCAR trip & underestimated the grade and length. Make sure u bring water & lunch too... But the views were great & the trail was well maintained....

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nice scenic views, picnic area with newer grills and picnic tables, had a good day there