Buzzard Swamp Loop Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Marienville, Pennsylvania that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 141 feet Route Type: Loop

Easy hike nice fall day trees in color Saw a grebe deer and pheasant A little muddy Dog and coyote poop plentiful

Lots of good birding. Great practice for my telescoping lense. Got great shots of an osprey nesting. Okay, I got decent shots of a— well I took the pictures, didn’t I?!? My hands get shaky and I had trouble with the tripod latch! I digress. Trail was fun. Easy, but nice.

Beautiful trail saw deer, osprey, geese, several hawks and a rattlesnake. But once you leave the open fields about the halfway point and enter the woods the path was not cut. It contained very high weeds and grass.

Mon Aug 06 2018

This portion of the loop is adjacent to tons of more walking in the ANF. Some pretty good bass and pan fish - fishing in the ponds- but off the trail it can get a bit marshy. Flat and tight packed gravel for the majority of the trip. Mostly out in the wide open so no reprieve from the sun on those summer days. I haven't done it in the winter but books I have read says it can be very windy and snow can pile up on the trail. Because of all of the water there can be quite a few flying insects and the deer flies were pretty bad both time I have been there. Some opportunities for back country camping right on the trail as well.

Mon Jul 09 2018

great for beginners or a relaxing hike

Fri Mar 02 2018

This is a really enjoyable little loop trail. You circle the swamp area and have some really nice opportunities to see wildlife. We saw a ton of birds and evidence of beavers. The trail is relatively flat and not challenging. We return to this one about once a year and consider it a favorite.

Wed Sep 26 2018