Butternut Trail

Butternut Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Forks Twp, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Definitely not an easy trail depending on your experience. This was more like moderate trail for my family. We were advised to take the Upper Rd to go up and Lower to come down. Glad we did. Just slow and steady with lots of water to get to the Vista and slow and careful for the various terrains for the descent. We enjoyed this hike.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Monday, June 08, 2015

The last half of the trail is walking through a rock path and fairly steep with a couple switchbacks. A bit of a workout.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

I just completed this trail after doing High Rock. I would not have rated this easy/moderate but moderate/difficult since after taking the upper road you find yourself going down the mountain over rock covered trails and paths no more the 2' wide with a steep slope on the one side in a lot of spots. Each trail is certainly a great workout!