Learn more

Bushkill Falls Red and Blue Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(183)
Bushkill, Pennsylvania

Bushkill Falls Red and Blue Trail is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bushkill, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 354 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

$16.50 entrance fee.

fee

Gets crowded as the day goes on, but people line up to get in right when it opens as well. Very well maintained and cleaned. New steps and bridges. So many beautiful sights to see! The steps make it easier for those who aren’t used to hiking. Still a step climb though. Finished all trails in about 2 hours; that was walking at a fast pace and not staying at view points for a long period of time. There are some areas on the walk way that do get narrow. As well as some view points that are dead ends; so as long as everyone is understanding and waits their turn, it doesn’t getting too congested.

Great wooden trail. Easy hike. Plenty places to stop and take pictures. If you walk down to the lower gorge you can see both bushkill and bridal veil together, which is a wonderful view.

Great trail, very nicely built bridges & wooden paths, guess that’s why there was an entry fee, not used to paying to hike. Overflowing trash cans everywhere. Very unfortunate. Just going to assume they are understaffed due to covid.

Great hike, you have to pay to use this trail. A little crowded, most people were wearing a mask especially as you passed, but there were a few who just didn’t and didn’t even give you space. Not a hike I’d go on again during Covid-19.

Falls are great but trail could use some clean up from all the tourists. Overflowing trash cans on the red route and water bottles all over.

This is a paid attraction. More than $17 a person. It attracts hundreds of people. While the falls are beautiful, I would not recommend coming here. In addition to social distancing not being possible, there are simply too many people on the trails. There are so many lovely trails in this area… Why come here?

closed

Not open as of today, May 21, 2020. Due to other “recent” reviews, my kids and I drove two hours today to experience the falls, all to discover that it is closed. I didn’t think to check the website since when I came to AllTrails it showed recent reviews stating how beautiful it is. I just assumed it was open. You know what they say about assuming..... Hope to come back and experience it sometime- check the website first!

Well worth the fee. Great views of the waterfalls from the stairs and bridges. Very crowded on weekends though. Trail itself is ok. There's a deck overlooking the valley that had a great view on the red trail.

Really beautiful waterfalls, but is touristy so it gets very crowded. The trails themselves are not challenging, but interesting enough to keep you engaged. Could do without all the stairs. I think it’s worth it to go check it out, but probably not a place you’ll keep coming back to.

If you love waterfalls a must see. Very touristy and a lot of waiting for people to take selfies. Worth seeing and nice family trip.

It’s cute, I felt like I flew through this but the waterfalls were pretty and lots of cool frogs hanging by the water. I saw elderly residents on the trail. Nice day trip. Summer time is the best because everything is so green, added with the waterfalls ,it’s soothing.

Cold day for a hike.

Easy one, as long as you can manage walking up some stairs. We took the red trail and made it in less than 3 hours with a few stops and lunch break. Magnificent views of the falls, and not too crowded in the fall, overall it makes a great family hike.

well manicured paths better suited to pleasure walks.

This "hike" is not really a hike, very touristy location. For the nearly $17 ticket per person I was not really impressed. We went when the falls were really dried out, wasn't really crowded either. However, I'd go on different hikes that are free, over this one again. Nice, one time experience but not really impressed.

Stunningly beautiful!

Nice views

Went on a Thursday. Busy, but not crazy. We actually first walked out blue trail to the falls, enjoying walking by the creek. Then returned to the entrance to get a hand stamp (now the have re entry with your ticket and a hand stamp), visit the facilities and have a picnic lunch. Then walked counter clockwise, first yellow, which has the best view of the main falls from the top and bottom. Then did the red to Bridal Veil Falls. Much better than the other way, where there are a massive number of steps to climb. Instead up is over rocky ground along the creek. Much to be preferred. Good flow in Bridal Veil Falls today. Rejoined the yellow trail above the main falls and walked along the boardwalk, joining the gentle slope back to the entrance. Lovely day. Not free, but certainly worth the $13.50 senior fee.

I took the hike with my 6 months pregnant wife.beautiful hike.we took it nice and slow in about 2 hours.nice and peaceful after we separated from the crowd that does the mini hikes around the fall.we loved it!

this is a paved tourist trap with tons of unnescessary steps to accomodate people. just not a hike at all. more like a place to park, walk 1 mile in a crowded area with tons of people and then drive home.

My wife and I hiked this trail with our six month old Wheaten terrier. It took us about 2 hours to complete the whole loop, with some stopping for photos, water breaks, and the pupper having some water fun. Great trail, many nice stopping sights, and a good challenge. Wear sturdy supportive shoes or hiking boots. There’s some tricky terrain.

Fri Jul 05 2019

If you want to see all the waterfalls and are not an avid hiker take the trail on the right and work your way around. The steps are very steep and if you want to avoid that go left so you are going down the steps instead of up. loved all the waterfalls though!!!

Tue Jun 25 2019

it was a great trail, took me 1 hour 45 minutes to complete the full trail. beautiful scenery and falls! going again this week!

Tue Jun 04 2019

beautiful sights, extremely well maintained, if time had allowed we would have liked all the trails in one day! hiked with my 10 year old son, who had no issues with terrain.

Wed May 29 2019

have been going to bush kill since i was a child... waterfalls are beautiful..good for people that dont feel comfortable hiking on thier own and arent familiar with the area.. lots of stairs

Mon May 27 2019

Not a fan of paying for a hikes but Worth the $16 if you love waterfalls. The trail is maintained and well marked and the waterfalls didn’t disappoint each one was spectacular. It took my family about 1 1/2 to complete. After we went to the Layton Hotel Tavern for a very yummy lunch.

Mon May 27 2019

I made the poor choice to come here on Memorial Day afternoon and it was a total zoo, so beware that people who normally don't hike descend on this place. The parking lot area is full of ways to spend money (food, ice cream, gift shops, paddleboats in a little lake, other things kids like) and also has the only bathrooms in the whole place. Once you scan your ticket to go inside the gates, there is no re-entry and also no bathrooms or way to buy a cold drink, strangely. The trail map is pretty terrible in that it says the red trail is the only way to see all the waterfalls, but the red trail does not make a clean loop and instead twists back on itself and sometimes wanders away from the waterfalls entirely, so that is confusing. There is no one there to answer questions about the trail - in fact, I didn't see an employee once inside the gates, just about a thousand (not kidding) tourists. So it's a weird commodification of hiking they have going here. That said, the trails and bridges and boardwalks are well maintained. I did the loop pictured here (the widest circle on the map), plus the yellow trail that criss-crosses the bridges over the falls. From the entrance, I went counterclockwise (turned right, went all the way up, then across to the west on the blue trail), and all of that was fairly easy apart from a few stairs going up. From the top of the Bridal Veil Falls trail (the red-only, far west trail), it became a moderate trail with tons of stairs, rocky/rooty paths, and some mud. Then at the bottom of that trail, it became all boardwalks and bridges and stairs to get back to the entrance. Once again, try to go on a day that it won't be crowded. There were so many people, and a lot of them were (annoyingly) not following the posted rules. There were smokers, people who climbed over the railings to leave the designated paths, kids running up and down narrow stairs unattended by adults, and lots of people in the water. I brought my dog and he had a great time. There were lots of people with kids; I don't think I would bring a kid here that I had to carry - the stairs would make that a lot of work. But it would be a great place to bring a kid who could hike on her own to spend some energy.

Sun May 19 2019

Be ready for some stairs but the waterfalls are spectacular. Bring the whole family like I did. Each waterfall was better then the previous one! Worth the money for such a well maintained trail!

Sun May 19 2019

Beautiful area. Fun walk/hike. Trail markers quite confusing and map kinda lame.

Sat May 18 2019

We didn’t actually hike this trail because I can’t imagine any 2 mile trail is worth $16.50 a person. Trail also doesn’t open until 9 am.