Boyce Park Log Cabin Trail Expanded Loop Trail

Boyce Park Log Cabin Trail Expanded Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I don’t know if it was the day or time of day we came but the trail was FULL of bugs! And it definitely was not an “easy” trail. There were a lot of hills, uneven terrain, and fallen trees to climb over. Some of the trails were very narrow and you could barely walk them. I will probably try a different trail at the park but this one was not good.

Lost my dogs tags on the blue trail...please keep an eye out for them!! The tag would have a rubber ducky and "Garth" on it. Thank you!!!

many trails are well marked. maps are also usually available in the mailbox by the log cabin. pressed dirt trails. nice for hiking, running, and biking.

we did 4 different trails and went up around the back of the wave pool. it was a beautiful day and the trails good. One place on the orange trail had a tree down but it was negotiable. Sweet hike.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

This is NOT a stroller friendly trail! omg someone wrote that and i had a hard time. me and my kids fell down a hill but a nice man helped us out. we didnt get hurt and had fun. nice trail though! i will go back with the baby carrier.

Monday, September 05, 2016

First timers. This was a fun trail. We had a great time.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Great trail! My dog loves it!!

Thursday, March 24, 2016

this trail is Ment for mt. bikes

Saturday, June 13, 2015

This is a good trail for me to take my kids on. You don't have to worry about getting lost (if you stay on the main trail) it is jogging stroller friendly AND it is easy.

We go here a lot and I have noticed these strange bees that will come in get in your face and just stare at you. They are super creepy and I am scared of bees to begin with. It has happened several times, so I haven't wanted to go back.

Also in my opinion, it isn't the most sscenic trail. The trees are pretty uggly and repetitive. I mainly go because its the safest trail for my kids

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Boyce is relatively scenic, and has tons of smaller trails within the loop. You can choose your level of difficulty, and could hike for hours without seeing the same place twice. Great for biking, too.

Monday, May 05, 2014

Fun single track ride with a lot of side trails. Some good elevation changes and obstacles for the free-rider. I only had a little time to explore but looks promising for the moderate-skilled rider. I parked at the Log cabin but also saw riders parked between the soccer field and shooting range.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fun trail. Semi under construction this week when I went as they are replacing an old bridge along the trail. There are also other trails by the log cabin as well (ie the outer trail).