Boone Trail

Boone Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Elverson, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This loop trail connects all major attractions of French Creek, making it an excellent route to see the park. Start your trip at Hopewell Lake Boat Launch parking lot, Group Tenting Areas 13-18, campground contact station, or Hopewell Furnace Visitor Center (using connector trails). Several portions are steep and rocky, so wear sturdy shoes. It is closed to mountain bikes around Hopewell Lake.

not boone trail. simply a portion of it and of other trails. do not follow the blazes for the trail if you only plan on 4.4 miles. labeling this map boone trail is misleading and potentially dangerous, especially for people who spend their hikes looking at nature and not their phones.

A good hiking workout but a poorly marked trail with few picture taking opportunities.

Great trail with a few areas of steeper incline to get the heart really pumping. I did the entire trail, however, I would avoid the southern parts of the trail for the next few weeks until the bugs and flooding die down if you don’t want to deal with gnats and mud. The southern portion was super muddy, I was covered from the knees down by the time I finished. I was also followed by a swarm of bugs and mosquitoes the whole time, and walked through about 7 spider webs on the southern portion. Otherwise, the Boone trail is a really enjoyable, peaceful hike!

Neat for the kids and dogs : )

Lenape green trail good

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Moderate trail. Fairly well marked. The trail has been re routed in a few spots. But overall a good hiking trail.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

This was a beautiful trail. The pictures were in my stolen camera so I almost forgot the trip to this park.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I did this last July. It was hot, but the lakes were beautiful. There were a lot of other hikers, so I guess it must be a local favorite.

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Moderate difficulty. Very Scenic.

Monday, September 08, 2014

Really nice hike yesterday. The lady and I decided to follow the Boone trail after getting a little lost and taking the long way to the Furnace village of the park. Decent lunch view at Scotts Run lake. Definitely want to head back and do a little more exploring

Thursday, September 04, 2014

My dog and I hit the trails and decided on the longer 6+ mile Blue trail (for most of the Hike). We parked in the main parking lot and went in a counter-clockwise direction. The first 1/3 of the Hike was relatively easy with little grade change and good views of Hopewell Lake. It was very busy with Family parties, Hikers, Fishers, Plenty of other Dogs with their owners, etc...Once you cross over Park Rd and the trail gets more quiet and challenging (but still very manageable). It ascends for a good bit but as you approach Scotts Run Lake it starts the descend. The trail is clearly marked, so no chance of getting lost (which i wouldn't mind and think that is part of the fun personally). I don't think my dog was up for the hike and she kept wanting to stop so I decide it was time to head back. I was a little more than half way through the Hike but noticed I could cut some time off if I came down along Scotts Run Lake and follow the stream back. On the way back I Hiked along side Scotts Run and followed the Stream back to Hopewell Lake having to find trails or make my own in many parts. There was no markings since I was off course but I stayed close to the stream knowing it would eventually lead back to the lake. Having my dog made this a little more difficult but we made it back. Great place and fun Hike. I would give it 5 Stars if it was not such a "busy" place but def. worth the trip.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

totally enjoyed it...check my video on YouTube under "polishpicl". of my trek on this trail

Sunday, March 16, 2014

We hiked part of the trail later in the day, and found that there was a large amount of dead-fall covering the trail from this year's ice storms and heave snow. The trail was still a lot of fun but we decided to cut it short because the dead-fall was hard to navigate at times with my toddler in a backpack. Hopefully some trail crews will be doing cleanup as the weather improves.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Beautiful park but horrible map system. Plan on getting lost at least once.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

absolutely beautiful

Monday, October 22, 2012

Beautiful! Fall colors were at their peak, and the hike is easy enough to be able to really appreciate them. Even on a beautiful Sunday, trail was not overly crowded until I reached the area right around Hopewell Lake. Highly recommended.