Blue Marsh Trail

Blue Marsh Trail is a 23.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Leesport, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

skiing

Started at the visitor center (1268 Palisades Dr, Leesport, PA 19533) and hiked around Blue Marsh Lake in one day!

The main trial is well-marked and maintained with mile markers for every mile, and is for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding. But there are other trails, so pay attention to prevent making a wrong turn.

The trail passes through meadows and forest and includes wooden bridges, which cross over many streams feeding into the lake. There are also small parts made of gravel road as part of the trail joins with a rail trail.

The entire loop is 29.7 miles. My hike was 32.4 miles because of making a wrong turn. Determined to officially complete the whole trail, I looped around back to where I made the wrong turn.

Features of the trail:
- Multiple places to park around the lake.
- Good trail map: http://www.nap.usace.army.mil/Portals/39/docs/Civil/Blue_Marsh/trail%20map.pdf.
- Many things to do at Blue Marsh Lake.
- Wildflowers were in bloom during my hike.
- Variety of scenery and difficulty.
- Awesome vista at State Hill Boat Launch entrance.

Pre-strom hike today. Had to get it in before the storm hits because I don't thijnk we'll be out for a few weeks until the snow melts. No one else on the trail today. Alone is nice sometimes. You get to hear the birds song and scurrying of the chipmunk and squirrels. I saw a cardinal, woodpecker, and I think I saw an eagle. The wing span was to big to be a hawk.

great hike, a little hilly but a well maintained trail. good starting place to get your hiking legs back after a winter off.

rough but ❤'d it..

It's a long trail, moderate difficulty. The trails are well-marked. We only did 6.5 mi. of it today.

Im ganna have to go back because the main trail is long. My friends and i only had a couple hours since it was well over 90 degrees out. We chose a short loop trail that ended up being an atv tail. The lake seems awesome and very busy. Lots of water activity. My only issue was that the tails were not marked well. I just kind of guessed where i was and used the gps from the map to see where i may be. Other than that, im looking forward to going back :)