Bear Creek Ski Area

Bear Creek Ski Area is a 4.1 mile loop trail located near Macungie, Pennsylvania that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

skiing

Decided to go on a hike here at the resort before attending a late July wedding. So, for us as resort guests the trail was free.
This is 100% our fault but we ventured in without bug spray and made it about 2 miles up before having to bail and run down a ski slope. I have never in my life been on such a relentlessly buggy trail- it was impossible to breathe without inhaling them in- this could be due to the recent constant rain. Adding to this mild frustration was the fact that we lost the trail, despite having a map, right after we crossed over the ski slope. Essentially we came out of the woods to cut through a cleared out section with a lot of ski equipment and couldn’t figure out where to pick it up again in the woods across the way.
If not for the bugs I think it could have been really great. It was challenging in parts- a few downed trees to climb over and a mix of rocky and smooth terrain. A moderate uphill climb. Glad we tried, and worth it if you’re a guest of the resort- just go prepared with some hardcore deet.

Fun trail! There is a cost like some people posted here but it’s for the season and they give you a gift card to spend there. Well worth it. Great variety of terrain and the 5 mile loop is a good distance especially for beginner hikers like us.

Did a 4.3 mile loop on this moderate to easy hike. Beautiful hike, great for a hot summer day as it's mostly under the treeline. I was apprehensive about the fee based on other reviews here, but we didn't have to pay anything.

would not recommend in winter as trails go thru the ski slopes. also, they charge to hike trail :-(

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Not hiking here, it cost 25 dollars to hike, bike, or disc golf. If you feel like spending 25 dollars for a mediocre day don't follow the directions AllTrails provides. Head to bear creek resort and go straight to the hotel to sign in.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Ran most of the white trail starting at the kiosk going counterclockwise. Wasn't extremely difficult as far as steepness goes, at least compared to some of the Reading hills, but overall was a nice quiet run. Very rocky in parts and some was very narrow singletrack. Detoured a little to the other trails (yellow, green, etc.) and managed to get back on white for about 3.5 miles vs. I think 5 for the full white. Was a hazy day and really didn't have an amazing view at the top but overall a nice run. The map I received from the hotel (I read that you are supposed to check in so did...and got a white bracelet!) was a nice touch.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

This is a hidden gem!!!! For the people who have hiked this, please hike again, and EXPLORE!!!! There are so many side trails, we walked up on at least a 200 ft drop into the earth. One of the coolest things I have ever seen. It was just another trail till we found that. There are also old buildings in the middle of the woods. Super cool, and can't wait to go back and explore again!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Trail was nice and some parts are fairly hard on the way up. The view at the top is definitely worth it. The app said it was a loop trail but when I got to the top and over to the other side the trail markers got so confusing and I wound up doubling back up and taking the same trail back. I don't know how it could be a loop unless you have to go through the main parking lot on the way back? I didn't see anyone else there except two mountain bikers toward the end. I would do it again. As long as you have somewhat of a sense of direction you're fine without the trail markers. Oh and the "trailhead check-in" with maps and all is over by the disc golf parking lot - nowhere near the actual trailhead. Don't follow the "directions" on this app, they aren't right. Just go in the main Bear Creek entrance

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Ok trail. Not marked well, so you may double back quite a bit. Scenery is fair enough but there are areas where it looks like a dumping ground. Light to moderate hike, worth a visit if you're local but I wouldn't travel far for the experience.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Trail was nice in the start very nice and clearly marked but then we started down the other side and it was very confusing and there were so many trails you didn't know where to go. And if your gonna mountain bike ride I would suggest only the most experienced riders. If makes are available take one or take a picture of the map at the trailhead for reference if unfamiliar with the area!

Monday, April 28, 2014

this is a great 5 mile mtn bike trail loop if you like hills and rocks. very good for technical skills but definitely not good for beginner. slower pace. first 2 miles is up hill to the top of the mountain. has cut throughs and expert trail add ons.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Nice trails for a hike, not just for mountain biking.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Awesome time, but don't forget the headlamp and rope for all of the caves!

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Good for an afternoon outting

Friday, August 25, 2017