Baughman Trail

Baughman Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail is well maintained and the flashes are well placed. This trail is a pretty steady incline through the woods. Not really any views until the very top where there is also a parking lot and lots of photographers/tourists.

This is a dumb trail. I would not recommend this trail to anyone. I could have done something similar to this in my local Park in Maryland. It's not challenging and there is no view along the trail. It leads to a viewing area that was crowded with old men trying to capture photos. So all of their tripods were set up and in the way. Then when you try to loop around across the road, it isn't marked at all. We meandered up and down the road looking for the trail crossover and luckily we found it. At no point are the trails marked with a color, so you know the trail markings. The Baughman trail was red going out and then Blue black when we crossed the road and then leaven to loop around Makes no sense to me. Dumb. I do not recommend this trail.

This overlook offers great views of the Youghiogheny River Gorge. A one minute walk from car to vista. If you stray off the main path, be careful of the poison ivy! This overlook is about a 5 minute drive from town, and has some trails within the vicinity.

a little steep, be careful on way down, but overall a good path!

Friday, August 07, 2015

It's a long up hill hike. I drive up for the sunrise.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

First time i hiked this trail. The trail info on here needs updated. the map shows a loop but its not a loop its a point to point trail. The bottom loop isn't the baughman trail its actually the sugarloaf series of trails. I started at the yough river side trailhead. Steep ascent and very rocky/muddy trail. The overlook is more than worth the hike

Monday, May 25, 2015

If you park at the over look there is a nice natural stone staircase 5 minutes up hill from it. Other than that. There isn't much to see on baughman

Sunday, December 07, 2014

This is an easy stroll. There is a very nice overlook that you must see when visiting Ohiopyle.