Baughman Trail is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not really Baughman, it stops short of the Baughman overlook and Baughman rocks. The actual trail continues about another mile, crosses the road (where it meets up with a junction of the Sugarloaf Trail) then heads back down to Ohiopyle.

This map is actually of Baughman then when you cross the street connects to sugarloaf trail. You needed to watch for an almost uturn about 1/4 after you cross.

Not sure where people are finding the views in the pictures for this trail, because we certainly didn’t see them. It’s not a bad hike, pretty easy going. There’s some cool boulders you can scramble up off the sides of the path in some areas. I definitely wouldn’t go out of my way to do this trail though.

Great hike for a Saturday afternoon. If you follow the map, you don’t reach a lookout, but it’s still a great hike with flowing streams and lots of rhododendrons and ferns. Saw very few people for a July weekend. A few muddy spots, probably due to the rain we’ve had, but nothing you can’t get around. Directions to the trailhead are inaccurate— park on Sheridan street or in bike lot and walk down bike trail about 5 minutes.

did the first training hike to prep for kilimandscharo. was fantastic.

Great workout for a moderately fit person. It was very muddy in parts so wear good grip sturdy hiking boots.

This is not a loop trail. A friend and I hiked the Baughman to Sugar Loaf Trail - and that made it about a 10.4 mile loop - with the Kim trail to the Knob thrown in. It was an awesome trail system. Baughman starts off steep and was challenging for awhile if you were carrying a pack. It levels off at the top, and then you have another climb if you choose to continue on the Kim trail to the top of the knob. You come back down the Kim trail and find the Sugar Loaf Trail and it winds its way back down to the starting point. Not hard to follow - everything was well marked. Just be aware you aren't following Baughman the entire way!

It’s not actually a loop if you follow the posts. You will have to cross the road at the lookout and continue on the orange trail. The app kept us on course.

Awesome trail! Well marked with gorgeous views

Sunday, October 29, 2017

The trail is well maintained and the flashes are well placed. This trail is a pretty steady incline through the woods. Not really any views until the very top where there is also a parking lot and lots of photographers/tourists.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

This is a dumb trail. I would not recommend this trail to anyone. I could have done something similar to this in my local Park in Maryland. It's not challenging and there is no view along the trail. It leads to a viewing area that was crowded with old men trying to capture photos. So all of their tripods were set up and in the way. Then when you try to loop around across the road, it isn't marked at all. We meandered up and down the road looking for the trail crossover and luckily we found it. At no point are the trails marked with a color, so you know the trail markings. The Baughman trail was red going out and then Blue black when we crossed the road and then leaven to loop around Makes no sense to me. Dumb. I do not recommend this trail.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

This overlook offers great views of the Youghiogheny River Gorge. A one minute walk from car to vista. If you stray off the main path, be careful of the poison ivy! This overlook is about a 5 minute drive from town, and has some trails within the vicinity.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

a little steep, be careful on way down, but overall a good path!

Friday, August 07, 2015

It's a long up hill hike. I drive up for the sunrise.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

First time i hiked this trail. The trail info on here needs updated. the map shows a loop but its not a loop its a point to point trail. The bottom loop isn't the baughman trail its actually the sugarloaf series of trails. I started at the yough river side trailhead. Steep ascent and very rocky/muddy trail. The overlook is more than worth the hike

Monday, May 25, 2015

If you park at the over look there is a nice natural stone staircase 5 minutes up hill from it. Other than that. There isn't much to see on baughman

Sunday, December 07, 2014

This is an easy stroll. There is a very nice overlook that you must see when visiting Ohiopyle.