Baughman Trail

Baughman Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail is well maintained and the flashes are well placed. This trail is a pretty steady incline through the woods. Not really any views until the very top where there is also a parking lot and lots of photographers/tourists.

This is a dumb trail. I would not recommend this trail to anyone. I could have done something similar to this in my local Park in Maryland. It's not challenging and there is no view along the trail. It leads to a viewing area that was crowded with old men trying to capture photos. So all of their tripods were set up and in the way. Then when you try to loop around across the road, it isn't marked at all. We meandered up and down the road looking for the trail crossover and luckily we found it. At no point are the trails marked with a color, so you know the trail markings. The Baughman trail was red going out and then Blue black when we crossed the road and then leaven to loop around Makes no sense to me. Dumb. I do not recommend this trail.

This overlook offers great views of the Youghiogheny River Gorge. A one minute walk from car to vista. If you stray off the main path, be careful of the poison ivy! This overlook is about a 5 minute drive from town, and has some trails within the vicinity.

a little steep, be careful on way down, but overall a good path!

Saturday, September 17, 2016