Armstrong Trail

Armstrong Trail is a 26.8 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Ford Cliff, Pennsylvania that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

rails trails

30 Miles with trail heads at Rosston, Ford City, Kittanning, Cowanshannock Creek,Templeton, Rimer, Redbank, Phillipston, and East Brady

Really enjoyed this trail! We went last Saturday and took lots of pictures! Very scenic route!! Traveled in the morning to mid- afternoon and never experienced heavy traffic. I would categorize this ride as easy; majority flat trail.

Surprising clean and well maintained for a train that doesn’t get tons of people. Flat, more of a bike trail than hike. Very nice views.

Best to start this trail at Buttermilk Falls parking lot. Beautiful river trail north of kittanning,Pa, connects to the beautiful red bank creek trail. Great scenery. Beautiful valleys.

my wife and I ride the trail every Sunday. we ride a different section each week. very well maintained and beautiful scenery. we met a gentleman this morning who was great. he is a volunteer on the redbank trail. he gave us so much info about the trails and was so nice to talk to. we're going to check out the redbank trail next. it sounds amazing..

Monday, May 30, 2016

The trail itself is very nice. Parking lot is hard to find. You have to be careful to stay on the trail, but it's a very pleasant ride! I only rode about 15 miles out and then back, so I didn't complete the entire trail.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Nice river trail. Lots of nice views. Needs better markers on the trail. It is easy to get off trail in the small towns. I also had a hard time finding the trail head parking since there isn't many signs.

Monday, September 19, 2016