Appalachian Trail: The Cliffs & Bear Rocks

Appalachian Trail: The Cliffs & Bear Rocks is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Andreas, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Great hike. Note: 1 mile in nice spot in right to camp and 3 miles in rocks with nice look out. Not too hard. Locks of rocks, could hurt ur ankle. Well traveled trail. Would be hard to get lost. Def met peiple on it that been out for months on the AP.

Very rocky hike that is a lot of fun! The actual lookout at bears rocks is not as we expected. You must climb up a large wall of rocks and then once you get to the top, there is a high tree line that you look over to see the overlook. I could have gotten a better view at a different hike along the AT, but this hike was a very quiet and peaceful one. We went on a chilly December morning and ran into 2 people the entire 9 miles.

Awesome

I started off from baked oven knob heading towards bear rocks. Once you get to bear rocks is when the fun starts lol... lots and lots of rocks! it took me less than 3 hours to get to 309 and complete the trail. I saw a New Tripoli sign for campsites and I was told by a hiker that it was 2 1/2 miles away from the AT approximately. Not sure if it was true or not but I will definitely follow that blue trail to the campsite to check it out at another time.