Appalachian Trail, Pinnacle Trail, Valley Rim and Pulpit Rock

Appalachian Trail, Pinnacle Trail, Valley Rim and Pulpit Rock is a 9.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A great hike on portions of the Appalachian Trail. Observatory is enroute to Pinnacle with outstanding views of Lehigh Valley and Interstate 78. Lots of wildlife to watch along the way.

18 minutes ago

Amazing views.. heard a bear growl after pulpit rock which was scary.. long hike but well worth it.

Great view at the Pinnacle. Well worth the hike and some real neat ice formations tumbling down the stream from the reservoir at the end. Didn't see a whole lot of wildlife but given the weather conditions and the terrain my head was down most of the time.

Great views! Make sure to do the loop, it’s well worth it. Take a stroll down to blue rocks. It’s a little out of the way but you won’t be disappointed.

Great loop. Definitely take the way up through Pulpit Rock.

started up furnace creek trail at 7am and didn't see anyone until pinnacle overlook. crowded trail on the way down. great views. well marked.

Awesome hike but our loop was only 8.4 miles and it was winter. Incredible views and a good workout on the AT Check out my full write up which includes directions and other things to look out for.

Challenging with a variety of terrains

Great loop, with two great overlooks. Make sure to take the Pinnacle side trail, and scramble down to find the cave if you’re up to it.

Great hike. Not overly strenuous. Definitely was packed when we left so start around 8 or 9a!

I have hiked this trail several times over the past few years. It's one of my favorites in PA. I went on a Friday morning, so it was not crowded at all. The trail is rocky in areas, so I would suggest proper foot wear, with good ankle support. My 15 year old son has hiked this route with me a couple times (I think it's great for kids and teens). It's a great trail with excellent views at Pulpit Rock and The Pinnacle.

This trail was a much better hike 10 years ago due to the congestion on the trail these days. parking and the overlooks are severely crowded The views are great, but if you're looking for peace and the sounds of nature, this is not the hike for you.

Moderate is an accurate rating for this loop, there were 2 or 3 steeper inclines but layered with flatter terrain to catch your breath. After the steep points, there were a couple miles with pure rocks for trail. I had my dog with me so some points were difficult for him, but he was able to maneuver the crevices. The overlooks are beautiful as many others have said, the best in southern/middle PA, in my opinion. For the most part this trail was relatively flat, but still beautiful. However, this trail was extremely crowded (by the time I finished there was no parking left). I explored this on a Saturday and will definitely be coming back during the week. Overall, a great hike and would recommend

Great trail, fairly easy, a few steep areas but overall flat terrain to hike.

Don't get me wrong, its a great hike. It easily has the best view I've been to in PA. The last few years however, i've found it unpleasantly crowded. You can't really get any peace at either of the overlooks as there's so many people. Regardless, its a great hike but be warned, there are tons of crowds.

Great hike, worth every step and rock to walk over...apparently my recording had me dropping off a cliff and back..took roughly 5 hours at a moderate pace with stopping at both Pulpit and Pinnacle...definitely need to do the 8.9 mile loop.

The first portion of this hike sort of bored me. It was technical hiking through the woods with no main points of interest for several miles. The overlooks were beautiful however, and like other reviewers said, crowded. I enjoyed the blue trail coming back which surprised me with a gorgeous stream and mossy banks. My hike came to around 9.5 miles but I explored a bit here and there. This hike is rated difficult for elevation gains, significantly rock trail beds, and length. For an easier route, take the blue trail up to the AT and view the overlooks and then come back down the blue trail. The most difficult part of the trail is the ascent on the AT.

I would rate this as "HARD", because it is such a long hike and you just feel like you're climbing endlessly. However, the final lookout point was absolutely beautiful. My best advice is to bring plenty of water. If you think you've brought enough...bring one more bottle. Unfortunately we did not prepare well for this hike and everyone in our group was severely dehydrated at the end. And go when the weather is cooler.

excellemt trail..that will challenge even the experience climber..

great hike for a day caves, rocks, views its a great time.