Angel Falls Trail

Angel Falls Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Forksville, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I almost always give 4 or 5 stars I like hiking and I find joy in most trails. Angel falls is by far a favorite. I have taken many friends there and if you can get up there while the Mountain Laurel is blooming I would!

Hiked this as a loop... followed the old LT out along the creek then climbed up to the falls. Very little trace of old blazes but it’s a pretty clear trail. When you intersect with a small (dry) creek bed just past a fire ring, turn right and start climbing uphill to the falls. Once you start seeing the blue blazes you are good to follow up to the rerouted LT. Waterfall was just a small trickle when I went two weeks ago.

Fun hike, some parts of the trail weren't well marked.

Fun hike, we did on a dry week not much water going over the falls. Some mud along the way, pretty impressive falls.

Great trail! With a beautiful waterfall

Great trail! A little soggy in places and had to cross the stream on downed logs a few places but unlike the adventure! The Fall are beautiful! I did loose the blazing but was easy to follow the stream back to the Loyalsock Trail.

Definitely worth the hike out...followed LT from road...wet trail in spots then to Blue Dot Trail to the Falls....did in and out trail was marked good and Blue Dot picks up Blue with X...I hiked back the LT back where I started.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

We've stumbled across the trail before and weren't sure if it was worth it. After reading the reviews here we decided to give it a try. It was definitely worth it for our family which includes 2 adults and 2 teens. Harder than we expected going in and can be tough for some coming out on a decline. We did the in and out trail which was well marked. We walked past the Spring Window to go down the trail in order to get into the falls. Ate our lunches there then headed back out. Overall, we all liked it and would do it again - at some point.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Fun hike! A few notes: the hike out to the falls follows the Loyalstock Trail and then a blue dot trail to view the falls, both are well marked. To come back on the loop as the map here shows we followed the old Loyalstock trail which is not frequently travelled and possibly no longer maintained (large trees down on the trail). We had to search hard to find the faint yellow and red markings still barely remaining on the trees. It made for an adventure but may have been easier to do as an out and back.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Great hike to get out and see nature at its finest. My girl friend and I did this as a overnighter to just get out. As we started our trip, within the first mile we encountered 5 bear in two different locations. Scared my girl friend but we survived. The hiking is a bit rough from the start with an uphill trek from the start. Uphill most of the way to the falls. I will be doing this again with my son very soon. The falls are beautiful and worth the trip.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

should be level hard. but worth the hike. save some time and stay next to the creek.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I remember doing this hike years ago when I was a Girl Scout at nearby Camp Lycogis. It follows the Loyalsock Trail for a good section of the trail, which has been rerouted. When I researched this trail it was telling me it was less than 3 miles. Since the trail was rerouted it was about 4.75 miles out and back, not a loop. Many parts of the trail are headed straight up the mountain, so it can be rather strenuous. When I went the water flow was low, so there wasn't much to see at the falls. Be careful at the top, it can get slippery and a fall would likely be the end of you. Even if the water isn't flowing, it's still a beautiful hike. The trail is very well blazed.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Wow what spectacular views! Trail offers several ways in. It is slightly confusing on how to access the falls. I suggest staying along the stream and walking in from the bottom.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

it was first hike in very long time and completed it it in snow which made it more challenging. Shared company with my best friend made it a five star. :)

Monday, May 30, 2016

Great trail. Falls were great but would be better with more recent rain.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

The falls is beautiful but to access the falls is treacherous. You basically need to be in great shape. I am in decent condition. You have to get in all 4’s. To get to the top.

Friday, August 22, 2014

My GPS watch said this was about 2 miles to get to the top of the falls so really it's 4 miles. Also, it's more difficult than I thought.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pretty easy hike to see a cool waterfall. Add the Kettle Creek Gorge Trail to make this a more challenging 7 mi. loop trail.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Not as much water as I hoped to see. Been there 2 times and walked in one way and out a different way each time

Monday, September 04, 2017