Angel Falls Trail

Angel Falls Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Forksville, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We've stumbled across the trail before and weren't sure if it was worth it. After reading the reviews here we decided to give it a try. It was definitely worth it for our family which includes 2 adults and 2 teens. Harder than we expected going in and can be tough for some coming out on a decline. We did the in and out trail which was well marked. We walked past the Spring Window to go down the trail in order to get into the falls. Ate our lunches there then headed back out. Overall, we all liked it and would do it again - at some point.

Fun hike! A few notes: the hike out to the falls follows the Loyalstock Trail and then a blue dot trail to view the falls, both are well marked. To come back on the loop as the map here shows we followed the old Loyalstock trail which is not frequently travelled and possibly no longer maintained (large trees down on the trail). We had to search hard to find the faint yellow and red markings still barely remaining on the trees. It made for an adventure but may have been easier to do as an out and back.

Great hike to get out and see nature at its finest. My girl friend and I did this as a overnighter to just get out. As we started our trip, within the first mile we encountered 5 bear in two different locations. Scared my girl friend but we survived. The hiking is a bit rough from the start with an uphill trek from the start. Uphill most of the way to the falls. I will be doing this again with my son very soon. The falls are beautiful and worth the trip.

should be level hard. but worth the hike. save some time and stay next to the creek.

I remember doing this hike years ago when I was a Girl Scout at nearby Camp Lycogis. It follows the Loyalsock Trail for a good section of the trail, which has been rerouted. When I researched this trail it was telling me it was less than 3 miles. Since the trail was rerouted it was about 4.75 miles out and back, not a loop. Many parts of the trail are headed straight up the mountain, so it can be rather strenuous. When I went the water flow was low, so there wasn't much to see at the falls. Be careful at the top, it can get slippery and a fall would likely be the end of you. Even if the water isn't flowing, it's still a beautiful hike. The trail is very well blazed.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Monday, July 04, 2016

Wow what spectacular views! Trail offers several ways in. It is slightly confusing on how to access the falls. I suggest staying along the stream and walking in from the bottom.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

it was first hike in very long time and completed it it in snow which made it more challenging. Shared company with my best friend made it a five star. :)

Monday, May 30, 2016

Great trail. Falls were great but would be better with more recent rain.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Friday, November 20, 2015

Friday, August 22, 2014

My GPS watch said this was about 2 miles to get to the top of the falls so really it's 4 miles. Also, it's more difficult than I thought.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pretty easy hike to see a cool waterfall. Add the Kettle Creek Gorge Trail to make this a more challenging 7 mi. loop trail.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Not as much water as I hoped to see. Been there 2 times and walked in one way and out a different way each time

Tuesday, November 08, 2011