Allegheny Highlands Trail - Markleton to Rockwood

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(5)
Markleton, Pennsylvania

Allegheny Highlands Trail - Markleton to Rockwood is a 12.3 mile out and back trail located near Markleton, Pennsylvania and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 12.3 miles Elevation Gain: 692 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The trail continues up the Cassleman River. (6 miles) There is no cell phone service between Confluence and Meyersdale. The TOPO! Overlay file included with this review contains data for the entire 30 miles of the Allegheny Highlands Trail from Confluence to Meyersdale and includes the track of the planned trail and road bypass route to Cumberland, Md.

Sat Jan 12 2019

Nice ride. Rockwood is a friendly little town. We parked at Markleton and biked to Rockwood got lunch and biked back. Pretty views of the river.

Sat Jul 01 2017

My wife and I love this section of trail. I must admit, we usually take our bikes for an evening pedal. The railroad bed provides almost level terrain. The Casselman river is awesome and periodically you will see kayakers coming down the river. It may be myself and my wife. Stop in at the Mill shop for lunch.

recorded Rockwood to Pinkerton