2A to 2C Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near York, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 344 feet Route Type: Loop

Hard trail. Very, very hilly. Muddy. Humid.

This trail is quite steep if you go past the lake and into the woods, which I love because that's exactly what I'm looking for. People who label this "easy" are either going slow, or they are going in a different direction than I take on the trail where it's mostly down hill. I could see it being easy then. It is generally clear of trash, which is a huge plus to me. It's washed out in quite a few places. It would be nice to have a way to cross all the streams, because I often find myself having to jump even when it's not been rainy. It is quite noisy from the highway, and you often smell cars instead of nature. However, it's really not a bad place. Compared to the junk at Codorus, this trail is superb.

flooded

Lots of folks out on this trail on a Saturday morning, either on bikes, running, hiking, or walking dogs. While the lake is still low, I think what bothered me most about this trail was it wasn't really quiet - you could hear a lot of background car noise as you're never very far from some pretty heavily traveled roads. Quieter than the 3 trail loop in the park, though, because you at least don't get the interstate noise that you hear on that trail. Well maintained trail.

Loved the beauty and ease of this trail as a beginning hiker. Ample and easy parking. Only passed one runner and a couple people with leashed dogs during my 1.5 hour hike. Trails were clearly marked and well maintained. Path was very well cleared of overgrowth; However due to recent storms there was a downed tree at one spot and leafy overhangs at two other places. The tree was tricky to get past but definitely doable. The lake bed has filled in with vegetation and looks stunning at the moment as if it were well-planned grasslands. I really loved the beauty and peacefulness of this trail and will do it again.

Some parts are very lovely and beautiful, especially the conifer forest. Other parts were kind of boring, as it looked more prepared for vehicles than hiking. The lake was still out as well. I might try it again whenever the lake is opens back up.

Wed Apr 17 2019

The trail was nice. Very easy. I rated it 3 stars only because there was no water in the lake. They county posted signs that they are working on the waterways. When finished they will reopen the damn and they lake will be filled again. I probably would have given it a 4 star if there was water.

bridge out
Mon Apr 08 2019

I really enjoyed this trail. Very private. However disappointed that bridge is under construction so I was unable to complete loop around the lake. I saw in November someone warned of this in their review but I thought 5 months later would be safe to assume construction was complete. Also lake was drained for some reason. I imagine when water is I it, it’s quite beautiful!

Sat Mar 23 2019

Nice in the spring though muddy in spots. Lake Williams is drained to work on the dam so neat views. 2C was my favorite as more of a trail instead of wide mown trail for most of the rest.

Tue Jun 26 2018

Nice trail, moderate traffic ,easy hike

recorded 2A to 2C Loop Trail