Wygant Trail (CLOSED)

Wygant Trail (CLOSED) is a 8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, Oregon that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

closed

Monday, January 16, 2017

It's not a well marked trail but the views were top notch. Although I'm from the Midwest and any elevation is appreciated. Bring a map and some determination and you'll be fine.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

I agree with the reviews below, there are much better trails. We lost the trail after the power lines, messed around for awhile, headed back completely infested with ticks! At very least it's a good trail to take annoying relatives on ;-).

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Tried to do this hike but the trail was in very poor condition. Like Denis M. mentioned the first mile was ok but after that we had a difficult time even locating the trail. Skip this and head up to Mitchell Point, amazing view! Note-tons of poison oak and the dog picked up ticks

Sunday, March 24, 2013

first mile of the trail is in good condition. The rest of it is going over fallen trees and the bridge has not been repaired yet so you have to find a way to cross. After the power lines, the trail completely disappears and after making our own trail for about a half a mile, we decided to turn back before we became a newspaper article! It was a beautiful hike nonetheless.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

The trail wasn't very nice even before a massive windstorm made it impassible. Large stretches were right above I-84 and poison oak was thick. After the windstorm the trail is said to be impassible but I haven't been up there myself to find out for sure.